I has an Airline Amp. [Sond Clip]

Pickups, pedals, amps, cabs, combos

Moderated By: mods

Sloan
Sexy Predator

I has an Airline Amp. [Sond Clip]

Post by Sloan »

.[stream]http://bestnetworx.com/uploader/files/52/amp.mp3[/stream]
Telecaster bridge > Airline Amp with Channel A cranked up (it's loud / both channels sond the same).
lol i swear it sonds x10 better IN REAL LIFE.

Dudes. I'm borrowing this Airline amp. It's from THE 60'S (oooh mojoarrows) and it has two channels (A & B) with VIBRATO. He has some skankydank speaker in it right now but says he'll put the good one in if I decide to buy it. But it sounds good already so I'm excited to hear it with the good speaker (i think a celestion vintage 10). It sound pretty BITCHIN' and I'm currently trying to figure out how much it's worth.... will keep update.

INFO I HAS FOUND:
10w
"Two 6V6's for power, two 12AX7's for the pres, and a 6AU6 rectifier tube."
These were either made by Montgomery Ward / Valco / or Danelectro. Sold under Airline, Danelectro, and Silvertone. ooohah

The dude I'm borrowing this from just picked up a 1959 Gibson Explorer amp for fucking $400. I'm talking about the little amp that came with the Explorer guitar. Fucking $400 straight up. No shit. My mind is fucking BLOWN. It looked at it and it's in fucking sweet shape, just has dust on it. I can't even believe it
Last edited by Sloan on Wed Mar 05, 2008 8:52 am, edited 3 times in total.
paul_

Re: I has an Airline Amp.

Post by paul_ »

Sloan wrote: The dude I'm borrowing this from just picked up a 1959 Gibson Explorer amp for fucking $400. I'm talking about the little amp that came with the Explorer guitar. Fucking $400 straight up. No shit. My mind is fucking BLOWN. It looked at it and it's in fucking sweet shape, just has dust on it. I can't even believe it.
Stories like that keep me in the gear game. So far my old marshall and les paul were the best deals I've gotten, but I can tell someone's gonna fuck up big time and give me something even sweeter for even less one of these days. It happens to everyone once in awhile.
Aug wrote:which one of you bastards sent me an ebay question asking if you can get teh kurdtz with that 64 mustang? :x
robertOG wrote:fran & paul are some of the original gangstas of the JS days when you'd have to say "phuck"
Sloan
Sexy Predator

Post by Sloan »

I played all my guitars on the Airline and it's pretty bitchin'.
I really want to try it with the better speaker, i can kinda hear this one flubbing out like the speakers in the Hot Rod Deluxes do. ewwwww.

Dude, i seriously don't know how the hell he got that Gibson amp. Said the guy was getting a divorce and just sold it cheap. BAD MOVE.
Mike
I like EL34s

Post by Mike »

Dude they make Greenbacks in 10" now. You gotta hook that up.
jcyphe

Post by jcyphe »

Don't change the speaker, if it doesn't need to be changed.
astro

Post by astro »

Sloan wrote: The dude I'm borrowing this from just picked up a 1959 Gibson Explorer amp for fucking $400. I'm talking about the little amp that came with the Explorer guitar. Fucking $400 straight up. No shit. My mind is fucking BLOWN. It looked at it and it's in fucking sweet shape, just has dust on it. I can't even believe it.
Holy crap! That thing must be worth a mint. I guess the guy selling it had never heard of ebay!
Sloan
Sexy Predator

Post by Sloan »

jcyphe wrote:Don't change the speaker, if it doesn't need to be changed.
It's already been changed, he just put the one that's in right now so it would have something in it. But it is flubby.
Sloan
Sexy Predator

Post by Sloan »

Mike wrote:Dude they make Greenbacks in 10" now. You gotta hook that up.
Dude, i can't even afford one speaker.
I've been running my halfstack cab with only two working speakers and they suck shitass.
The plan was to get some Vintage 30's in it, but everything's so expensive.
Sloan
Sexy Predator

Post by Sloan »

wtf.
I used "bitchin'" in some posts. haha.
Bacchus
Whatever's handiest

Post by Bacchus »

Nice.
Mike
I like EL34s

Post by Mike »

jcyphe wrote:Don't change the speaker, if it doesn't need to be changed.
Well true enough. Old speakers sound great anyway. the one in my beat SS combo turned into a cab sounds brilliant.
Mr Mustache

Post by Mr Mustache »

paul_ wrote:
Stories like that keep me in the gear game. So far my old marshall and les paul were the best deals I've gotten, but I can tell someone's gonna fuck up big time and give me something even sweeter for even less one of these days. It happens to everyone once in awhile.
my friend picked up a 100% original beat to fucking hell Vintage 1949 Fender Champion 600!! for $400 and a 70's 412 fender cab

i think it needs some work it only sounded OKAY
Sloan
Sexy Predator

Post by Sloan »

^uploaded sond clip
matte30is
Gimme' head till I'm dead

Post by matte30is »

Nice! I might leave it stock. It sonds alot fuzzier than my 12 watt musicmaster bass amp.

Definate rock tones!
iCEByTes wrote:V8 give me chills the sound of motor , the visual , oh man oh shit oh crap.
MutantParty

Post by MutantParty »

A+

That shit is hip.
light rail coyote

Post by light rail coyote »

holy shit that thing sound amazing
Doog
mid-century modem

Post by Doog »

Kool sonds indeed.