Cyclone pimped up for the second time!...

The original shortscale guitars; Mustangs, Duo-Sonics, Musicmasters, Jaguars, Broncos, Jag-stang, Jagmaster, Super-Sonic, Cyclone, and Toronados.

Moderated By: mods

astro

Post by astro »

The guitar is teh sexorz!

I've always preferred the rounded top side of the mustang pickguard to the strat-esque curve of the standard Cyclone guard. The new guard makes the cyclone look totally badass. Nice job!

I've always been curious to try out a cyclone (especially a cyclone II), but I've never seen any for sale around here. I get the impression Fender never really made an effort to properly promote this model. I guess doing so might have taken time and money away from the endless marketing of the thousands upon thousands of slightly different versions of the stratocaster, all of which the world desperately needs.
tribi9
Administrator

Post by tribi9 »

astro wrote:The guitar is teh sexorz!

I've always preferred the rounded top side of the mustang pickguard to the strat-esque curve of the standard Cyclone guard. The new guard makes the cyclone look totally badass. Nice job!

I've always been curious to try out a cyclone (especially a cyclone II), but I've never seen any for sale around here. I get the impression Fender never really made an effort to properly promote this model. I guess doing so might have taken time and money away from the endless marketing of the thousands upon thousands of slightly different versions of the stratocaster, all of which the world desperately needs.

Thx dude! Totally agree!!
tribi9
Administrator

Post by tribi9 »

Jagermeister wrote:umm, stupid question maybe.

Will the Warmoth conversion neck even work on a Cyclone? It was designed to make 25.5" scale guitars 24.75, but is that what Fender did, and will it intonate?

As it is it looks like the 22nd fret is in a MUCH different "place" relative to everything than it was before.

That said, if it does work, it does look better (except for the white HB sticking out like a sore, white penis) If it doesn't intonate, you can always plug everything up and put a Mustang trem wherever you want 8)
Ill let you know if intonates, but not til next week as its in the shop getting a custom bone nut! also Im going to get matching pickups covers or something Il figure it out! either both black or both white. I do like blck better though!

Anybody has any pics of mint with white covers either regular or Robroes? I'm thinking of maybe going P-90 on the bridge too...
robroe
Bon Jovi Fan Club!!1

Post by robroe »

to give you an idea of what a HB/Single look like covered on a guitar, here is the soapstang before it turned into the pizzastangmasterII.

you could make the soapclone

dots wrote:incesticide
dodgedartdave

Post by dodgedartdave »

robroe wrote:to give you an idea of what a HB/Single look like covered on a guitar, here is the soapstang before it turned into the pizzastangmasterII.

Soapclone. Kinda catchy!
tribi9
Administrator

Post by tribi9 »

robroe wrote:to give you an idea of what a HB/Single look like covered on a guitar, here is the soapstang before it turned into the pizzastangmasterII.

I think I like black uncovered a little better on mine, but white did look good on the soap...
roachello
Cunt Punt

Post by roachello »

Awww i was a fan of the white pearloid
tribi9
Administrator

Post by tribi9 »

roachello wrote:Awww i was a fan of the white pearloid
:(
ihatetanks

Post by ihatetanks »

I've been waiting for someone to do that, what a sweet cyclone.
if it feels good do it.
aphasiac

Post by aphasiac »

matt69vdub wrote:Someone needs to put a mustang trem on a cyclone.
Someone already did. It's called a Jag-Stang.
robert(original)

Post by robert(original) »

the sharp ends on the warmoth neck weird me out a bit, looks too......"not fender"