Silver Sparkle Jagmaster

Talk about all other types of guitars. Jazzmasters and basses go here!

Moderated By: mods

cdhopkin

Silver Sparkle Jagmaster

Post by cdhopkin »

Does anybody have a pickguard for these that they don't want? I have a body but not plate...I ordered one through Jeannie's on EBay but it doesn't fit (long story).
jcyphe

Re: Silver Sparkle Jagmaster

Post by jcyphe »

cdhopkin wrote:Does anybody have a pickguard for these that they don't want? I have a body but not plate...I ordered one through Jeannie's on EBay but it doesn't fit (long story).
I have a black one from th 25.5 series scumbag sparkle. What do you mean by doesn't fit?

A lot of the scumbag sparkles have a gap between the bridge and end of pg that is noticeable.
cdhopkin

Post by cdhopkin »

It's 1/4 inch too short and a 1/4 inch too narrow
Nick
Y'SEE!?

Re: Silver Sparkle Jagmaster

Post by Nick »

cdhopkin wrote:Does anybody have a pickguard for these that they don't want? I have a body but not plate...I ordered one through Jeannie's on EBay but it doesn't fit (long story).
Do not even get me started on Jeannie pickguards!!!! I had them custom make a mint 3 bucker pickguard for my blazer. Because it's custom I don't go through ebay but figure this guy has so many positive feedbacks that I could trust him. 1 1/2 weeks go by and I email him, I get a response like "It's almost done. It took me hours to get the middle pickup in, we're eating the labor on this one, no bitching if it isn't perfect". I thought that was a bit rude, but figured it'd be close enough.

Well I get the thing and not only do most of the screw holes not line up, but the middle pickup has about 1/8th inch gap on the left that wraps around the bottom of the pickup and tapers up from there.

DO NOT BUY FROM JEANNIE PICKGUARDS! THEY ARE SCUMBAGS WHO HAVE POOR BUSINESS PRACTICE AND DO TERRIBLE WORK
  • I would like to hear this long story of yours.
Sparky

Post by Sparky »

On the contrary, I found Jeannie's custom pickguard for my Jagmaster to be perfect. The screwholes lined up exactly, the humbucker holes were cut perfectly round like the stock guard's. The person I spoke with on eBay had a good sense of humor and was very helpful. I dunno, I guess it all depends on what you get.
cdhopkin

Post by cdhopkin »

Which Jagmaster do you have? I've got the 25.5" version
Sparky

Post by Sparky »

I have a Jagmaster II (24" scale), but I think they have tracings for both. If it comes down to it, they can make a tracing from your original guard.
Nick
Y'SEE!?

Post by Nick »

if it comes down to it, they'll take your money and tell you to fuck off and quit your bitching with your butchered guard that doesn't fit.

Get anyone else to make one. Seriously, I haven't even heard any complaints about noho's guards, and there's a few others on here who can make them as well.
Billy3000

Post by Billy3000 »

Nick wrote:if it comes down to it, they'll take your money and tell you to fuck off and quit your bitching with your butchered guard that doesn't fit.

Get anyone else to make one. Seriously, I haven't even heard any complaints about noho's guards, and there's a few others on here who can make them as well.
Seriously... My Pre-Noho Aug guard for my mustang is awesome, it fits perfectly... I had to do a little tiny bit of filing on it around the bride to get it to lineup, but that wasn't that bad. I got a pickguard for my bronco from Dazbootman on ebay and had to do a SHIT TON of filing to get it to lineup! And that guy sucks ass at customer relations, he doesn't respond to emails, at all, and he takes for fucking ever to ship your guard.
Sparky

Post by Sparky »

I'm just sharing my own personal opinion here no need to get saucy. Maybe he used the wrong model's tracing.
cdhopkin

Post by cdhopkin »

I was thinking of getting Warmoth to do me a 'guard based on their jazzmaster design....has anybody tried this?
dots
BADmin (he/him)

Post by dots »

Billy3000 wrote:
Nick wrote:if it comes down to it, they'll take your money and tell you to fuck off and quit your bitching with your butchered guard that doesn't fit.

Seriously... My Pre-Noho Aug guard for my mustang is awesome, it fits perfectly... I had to do a little tiny bit of filing on it around the bride to get it to lineup, but that wasn't that bad. I got a pickguard for my bronco from Dazbootman on ebay and had to do a SHIT TON of filing to get it to lineup! And that guy sucks ass at customer relations, he doesn't respond to emails, at all, and he takes for fucking ever to ship your guard.
the noho guard for my bronco project was not the highest of quality. in their defense, it is a one-ply, but their were several points about it i wasn't happy with. other people have been pleased with theirs, though, so don't let one bad review muddy the water.
Bacchus
Whatever's handiest

Post by Bacchus »

Billy3000 wrote:My Pre-Noho Aug ...
heheh

VINTAGE!!!
Sublimedo

Post by Sublimedo »

i look foward to the G&L era Aug.
mickie08

Post by mickie08 »

Sublimedo wrote:i look foward to the G&L era Aug.
Until there are Aug & L tribute series made in Korea or whatever??

Actually the Tribute G&L's are not to bad at all as I have had a couple.
They say great minds think alike....Sometimes we do too...