SJag-1!!! FT1!!!

Pickups, pedals, amps, cabs, combos

Moderated By: mods

Jagermeister

SJag-1!!! FT1!!!

Post by Jagermeister »

So I was pissed off at the fact that the neck pickup in my Jag seemed to mud out under distortion. It just didn't make sense when you consider that my Mustang doesn't, and it has 250k pots and A2 pups. Those pups were Duncans.

the SJag-1s are actually LOWER output than the stock CIJs, which is nice (bridge/neck 6.4/6.35, though I later managed to lower it to 6.33 when I was an idiot with the pickup cover, and had to take off a winding to solder it back together :lol:)

Clever little wire nub at the bottom that grounds the claw without soldering, plus cloth wiring, potting, RWRP etc...

Pretty much got rid of that problem. MUCH more organic and lush sounding, spongy, still very twangy if not moreso, fewer mids, SLIGHTLY fewer highs. More grindy distortion that stays clear. Things ring out more clearly, even the behind the bridge sympathetic shit, there's more of a diff between the rhythm/bright switch settings...

Not bad, much better, they aren't leaving the guitar at least maybe til I'm rich enough to try antiquities or Novaks or whatever. A bit less bright edge overall maybe than the CIJs, but oddly more clarity, and they sound BIG... Basically gave me the RHCP BSSM tone by default :mrgreen: