Ric 12 string for $500 ?????

Talk about all other types of guitars. Jazzmasters and basses go here!

Moderated By: mods

light rail coyote

Ric 12 string for $500 ?????

Post by light rail coyote »

http://portland.craigslist.org/wsc/msg/565121190.html

Think it's some kind of copy or something
Fuzz monkeys are generally fed the most bananas
westtexasred
Shortscale Cultural Minister

Post by westtexasred »

Its a fake.Some of the parts like The pickups, tailpiece, and TRC may be real but the body is a japanese copy.
light rail coyote

Post by light rail coyote »

are they worth anything and or play decent. I may trade him for a strat of mine
Fuzz monkeys are generally fed the most bananas
westtexasred
Shortscale Cultural Minister

Post by westtexasred »

I don't know how they play,could be junk, but the rick parts are probably worth $300.
mewithoutus

Post by mewithoutus »

ive played a couple different ric copies, and they vary depending on who made it or what day it was made on and whether or not the guy who made it was on crack or not.

i played a sweet one at subway guitars in berkeley (they have a reputation of having nothing but crap so i was surprised). i wanted it. it was $200. i couldnt justify it at the time.
rich people say fuck yeah hey hey
heavium wrote:grow a bat army in my room and train them to attack when someone comes in
DGNR8

Post by DGNR8 »

Is there any chance that it is real? I would at least take a look at it. The body color, sound hole, and headstock look wrong. The inlays and tuner arrangement make for a compelling purchase. I would defer to West TX Red--I might have already bought it by now. It's the closest you will get to a vintage Ric 12 string.

Can you get a better look at it? Study the case, the finish, and whether or not the neck is varnished. Those pics were too dark. How did they mark a serial on the later models?

I guess the fact that he is not trying to sell it on ebay for $2000 tells us something.

ImageImageImageImage
Yell Like Hell
Justin J

Post by Justin J »

mewithoutus wrote:i played a sweet one at subway guitars in berkeley (they have a reputation of having nothing but crap so i was surprised). i wanted it. it was $200. i couldnt justify it at the time.
i think i played that one when i was up there in december. subway had a lot of cool stuff and a lot of crap. and they'd only sell you the crap. you have to trade them for the cool stuff.
and they had a big glass case full of vintage pedals looking all dusty and forgotten. they wouldn't sell any of them to me because the owner wants to turn it into a museum or a pedal library or something.
i'm just gonna wait until that old hippie dies and then go and buy all that cool stuff.