Boss Micro BR Digital Recorder

Guitar techniques, music theory, recording and anything to do with actually playing your guitar

Moderated By: mods

Thom
lamp

Boss Micro BR Digital Recorder

Post by Thom »

So, as I said in my Orange sample, I used the new Boss Micro BR, borrowed from our bass player, which to be fair to it, the internal mic isn't suited to recording a loud amp.

However, I had a bit more of a play with it last night and recorded a song - incredibly easy to use, I put this together in about 45 mins.

I think it's truly great, for ?150, is well worth it - if only to record ideas. And it looks spectacular.

Here's a link to the specs.

And here's the song - I didn't redo any of my mistakes, but you get the picture. And should have mastered it louder, but not bad for a first attempt I think!

http://download.yousendit.com/115F5484300FA575

I recorded 4 guitar tracks (didn't have time for bass) - guitar plugged straight in and using the onboard effects, and bounced them down to 1, then recorded the vocals using the built in mic. Added a really simple drum beat - this has so much more scope but didn't have time to play around with the fills and stuff.
BYOB Kenobi

Post by BYOB Kenobi »

That was pretty awsome man, ive heard alot of good things about that Micro BR

Good job :wink:
R.A.M.O.N.E.S
Thom
lamp

Post by Thom »

Cheers mate - I'm having real fun with it, going to have to get one for myself when I give this back I think!
Mike
I like EL34s

Post by Mike »

Sounds cool - a nice little thing, that!
Thom
lamp

Post by Thom »

Cheers Mike. As my first experience with home reocrding I think it's great.
aphasiac

Post by aphasiac »

for live recording, the Zoom H4 kills it with it's stereo condenser mics, and phantom power XLR jacks:

http://www.samsontech.com/products/prod ... rodID=1901

However, the Zoom is around ?220, and not sure what it's like in "4-track" mixing/recording mode.

EDIT: haha my post looks a bit like an advert for Zoom. Really, I've just been GASing over a Zoom H4 for a while. Boss does look nice though (will listen to lamp's demo when i get home!)