voilin bass restoration.

Painting? Routing? Set-up tips? Or just straight-up making a guitar from scratch? Post here, and post pics!

Moderated By: mods

robert(original)

voilin bass restoration.

Post by robert(original) »

i had pics and thread about this a while but it got lost in the abysss of posts. anywho,
its a 60;s conrad vioolin bass.
replapot.
re-glued the fretboard back to the neck. cleaned up the frets,
new tuners
and glueing the body backtogether.
i think all that is left is to make another bridge for it, or i may get lazy and buy one, who knows.

the neck pocket was cracked vertically and needed to be glued and reapir just mainly for structural reasons, it poses no harm right now but in 5 years it may seperate completely.

here is a shot of the new tuners. ( they are squire, thats why they are offset. they had to be tho, those are the only kind that will fit, the headstock is crazy small.
here is where i have filled the old holes with toothpicks, i did dye them but i didn; take pics yet. notice the filled spots from the factory.
here is where the top had started to lift off of the body and how i glued it back on.
here is a shot of it clamped up. sorry for the blurriness.
DGNR8

Post by DGNR8 »

Good for you, Robert. You're out there doing work while the rest of the world dicks around. I like that bass. I wish I had clamps like that. Shit!

You'll have to put all that together into a narrative when you're done. I like how this guy did it although he left out the wiring chapter, that cheap prick.
Yell Like Hell