Stanger Lee

For all non-guitar instruments; mandolins, synths, kazoos, and anything else musical that doesn't fit elsewhere.

Moderated By: mods

DGNR8

Stanger Lee

Post by DGNR8 »

I just examined my loaded Mustang guard and the new JS guard which is similar on the one pup. I also looked at the Wiki and the schematic, which looks pretty simple, even for me.

Based on what I saw, it looks like my loaded guard is correct, but the white and black coming off of it are flipped. No biggie.

The curious thing is that he used a cloth wire in only one spot and plastic everywhere else, and there's an opaque black goo on parts of it, like electrical tape sticky but in globs. Is it best to use same with same wires? I know Aug would rip out dudes' wires and do it over in cloth. I have both kinds in white and black I could use.

On the JS, where does the black wire originate at the switches going to the jack? The JS guard has the end of a white, but no black. I will look for a schematic for that too. I found one on Jiz-stain.com but it's drawn in that techy style that I don't gets.

Also, what kind of screws do you use to attach the JS trem to the guitar? Might it be these, or something else? According to this JS.com pic, it looks like three round heads and two flats. May be a length thing? The freaking Fender parts I got from Guitarpartsresource didn't come wif screws.

SCREWED

Last edited by DGNR8 on Sun Feb 18, 2007 8:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Yell Like Hell
Aug
Best Poster 2010

Post by Aug »

As for the wiring, I am aware that the js is wired somewhat different from the Mustang, but have a look at this:

http://www.shortscale.org/wiki/index.ph ... er_Mustang

Also, the tremolo plate screws are identical to pg screws in everyway except length. Either 3/4" or 1"