New nitro?

Painting? Routing? Set-up tips? Or just straight-up making a guitar from scratch? Post here, and post pics!

Moderated By: mods

DGNR8

New nitro?

Post by DGNR8 »

Dude! I don't know for sure yet, but I think I found a piano refin company who makes nitro in cans. So what, right? They have Desert Sand. That could mean my vintage MM could even have the right paint. I sent them an email. I don't know what they have going on. Most of what they have are lacquer pencils that you melt and spray clear over. Here is their color chart. #363 looks a little like Desert Sand. It ain't that nice a color, but you never know until you see it on.

And check out the Paint Box. I could see doing touch ups or Hendrix-like mural stuff on non-vintage bodies. Look at the stuff called wood rebuilder. I wonder what that can do. Oh hell yeah. Not saying you want to fill in bad rout jobs, but maybe--if they use it to fix freaking ornate pianos.

I didn't realize Strats came in that color. You'd think there would be some demand.

EDIT: They got back to me. I am going to buy a can of DS nitro for $14. The paint set is $54, which is too much for a curiosity, especially since the colors are more for a piano than a Fender. If they put together a Fender set, we might be talking. I only have the one 1958 MM, I figure I should do it proud.
Yell Like Hell