Nutmeg

Post by James »

to put this thread back on topic, she'd still get it
Shabba.
Mike
I like EL34s

Post by Mike »

ultratwin wrote:REST STOP

I'm playing in a Mew cover band for a Christmas blast next week, and we've a bassist named Inkyung from fellow company-band Monni. Hard to admit(I've been playing bass for 16 years), but the 26 year old girl comes really close to puting me to shame.

Image Image

Image Image
WTF. Mew cover band? So much awesomeness.

M P Frees?
ultratwin
The 25.5" subversion

Post by ultratwin »

Haha. With luck I 'll have video as well. It's just for one show next week and probably never again, but we're doing Am i Wry?, Snow Brigade, and Symmetry...The songs certainly are harder to play than they sound (at least to me, that is), those guys got crazy meter changes and syncopation... I'm also really struggling to fill the gaps on Wry? with just me on guitar, although we gots teh keys. So anyway, it's Sunny(vox), Michael(keys) and myself from The Breathing, along with Inkyung and the drummer from Izi, a good friend of ours. I'll keep youse guyz posted.
More Cowbell

Post by More Cowbell »

WE MUST HAVE A VIDEO. DO IT.
ekwatts
A series of tubes

Post by ekwatts »

Mike, is it really a good idea to post pics in this thread? You're only exacerbating Augs priapism.
Brandon W wrote:you elites.
Thom
lamp

Post by Thom »

ekwatts wrote:Mike, is it really a good idea to post pics in this thread? You're only exacerbating Augs priapism.
Haha, an old band of mine had a song called Priapism. Quality.
DGNR8

Post by DGNR8 »

At my second concert ever I met and got an autograph from Tina Weymouth. It went to shit from there. She signed my shirt with Xs and Os.

I am pretty sure she played some shorty basses, at least for a while. I always thought bass players had to have a longer reach. I think the sounds that can come out of them are far more resounding than guitar noise. We haven't taken it far enough yet.

Heavium sounds like a new element. Is that the idea? I am glad you aren't turned off by the smell of locker room in here. Some of these guys could use a rinse. I am pretty sure we all want to marry a Belgian so we could move to Europe. That includes the Brits.
Yell Like Hell
kim
[='±'=]

Post by kim »

so

... i received the package today

i gots teh anodized goldz

(found a german webshop that had it in stock )

put it on, fits, just one hole that doesn't fit (the one underneath the knobs, on my MIA it's located underneath the tone knob, on the vintage ones it's located between the two knobs i guess..i'm not going to make another hole in the body tho..)

the backside of the pg doesn't have the stripes/reli?f, it's just plain matte gold, but it looks ace nonetheless

will post pictures later on..maybe..if i'm not too lazy :wink:
Mr Mustache

Post by Mr Mustache »

Awesome! i'm glad it fit!
kim
[='±'=]

Post by kim »

it's a bit too dark here to take proper pictures, colors look a bit different..bad lighting..but anyway

you can see the hole in the pickguard underneath the knobs but there's no screw in it:
Mr Mustache

Post by Mr Mustache »

that's awesome it looks really nice !
ultratwin
The 25.5" subversion

Post by ultratwin »

YESSNESS!!!11
aen
Turdscreamer

Post by aen »

I wonder if when you're a female musician, you rest easier onstage because you know for sure that you can get laid as soon as your set is done?
High quality, low popularity Ecstatic Fury
ultratwin
The 25.5" subversion

Post by ultratwin »

aen wrote:I wonder if when you're a female musician, you rest easier onstage because you know for sure that you can get laid as soon as your set is done?
I heard an interview with Bonnie Raitt once and her answer to that was a definative "yes".
euan
partynerd!

Post by euan »

DGNR8 wrote:At my second concert ever I met and got an autograph from Tina Weymouth. It went to shit from there. She signed my shirt with Xs and Os.

I am pretty sure she played some shorty basses, at least for a while. I always thought bass players had to have a longer reach. I think the sounds that can come out of them are far more resounding than guitar noise. We haven't taken it far enough yet.
She started off playing a Mustang bass.
euan
kim
[='±'=]

Post by kim »

i don't cheat.

but you might be right..,
..sometimes you gotta take stupid comments before you start your set tho..esp. in this little ass country..but as soon as you hit that first note it's nice to see those assholes' jaws drop ...:wink:

besides, bonnie raitt's a sloot :P
euan
partynerd!

Post by euan »

Belguins are sexy. Or if they aren't they make sexy music.

This is opinion is based on Milionaire's first album however. So I might be wrong.
euan