national music supply

For all non-guitar instruments; mandolins, synths, kazoos, and anything else musical that doesn't fit elsewhere.

Moderated By: mods

Aug
Best Poster 2010

national music supply

Post by Aug »

I just discovered this today, any of you have any experience with them? If so, how's the product? The prices are fucking insanely cheap.

http://store.nationalmusicsupply.com/Gu ... arts/Necks
DGNR8

Post by DGNR8 »

I might have to try a paddle neck to make my own headstock. Actually I think I will leave it as is, like a oar.

Where do you get pots and jacks?
Yell Like Hell
Aug
Best Poster 2010

Post by Aug »

DGNR8 wrote:
Where do you get pots and jacks?
me? personally? allparts.com
DGNR8

Post by DGNR8 »

Yes, you, Aug. I would have PMed you, but maybe some other nimrod could use this info. I can't find shit on Allparts, BTW. That's not a good interface.

Is RobertO correct that 250s get .047 caps and 500s get .023?

Stewmac lists them as .020 and .050. Same? Do you use split or solid shafts? Is $5.95 a good price for each?

Who put together the schematics on the Wiki? It looks good but I am still trying to grasp the squiggly line vs. the zigzag. Do you tend to use black and white wires only? Do your caps look like flat matte Advil with two wires sticking out, or shiny orange cylinders? (Sprague Orange Drop)

After I get this once I will leave people alone!
Yell Like Hell
Pens
less dickface

Post by Pens »

Those values are the "standards". You can use any value cap with any value pot, just going to have a different treble rolloff. The smaller the cap the less treble rolloff, basically. If a guitar is too bright you can up the value of the cap to bleed more off.

Those cap values at Stewmac are the same as what you listed. I use split shaft pots usually. Yow that is expensive for pots, but then again I normally order from futurelec which ships from China, takes 2-3 weeks, but the pots only cost me $0.75 each.

I have no idea. I have no idea. You can use any color wire you want. I have a vast assortment of caps, some people believe in their minds that orange drops have some magical mojo properties that allow them to defy the laws of electricity but from what I could hear it is all hype to overcharge you.
euan wrote: I'm running in monoscope right now. I can't read multiple dimensions of meta right now
robert(original)

Post by robert(original) »

i don;t know about those necks aug, i recently picked up a neck from mighty might off of jc's guitars. its a shop online, its super perty.
all making two way rod. a bit flamy but not too much, fretted and reading for tuners and a body for the amazing for of 89.99.