Vintage REVO Series ie: Alan Entwistle JUST CAN'T STOP

Talk about all other types of guitars. Jazzmasters and basses go here!

Moderated By: mods

ekwatts
A series of tubes

Vintage REVO Series ie: Alan Entwistle JUST CAN'T STOP

Post by ekwatts »

F8y8zjpWUAEyodQ.jpg
F8y8zjpWUAEyodQ.jpg (698.48 KiB) Viewed 801 times
As far as I can see, most of these will be around the £600 mark which is potentially too rich for some when there are more "famous" options on the market, but what makes these a bit different is the electronics. Of particular interest to me is the four pickup Jaguar (Alan loves his four pickup Jaguars, FUCKEN LOVES EM) since the pickups look, to me, like the ones he designed and slapped in his Revelation series Recording Les Paul clone, and they're apparently very close facsimilies of the original Gibson Recording Les Paul pickups.

If that's the case, that guitar is likely WAY worth the inflated Wilkinson hardware price (that said, my mate has a three stacked P90 Stratocaster and the build quality on that thing is nice).
Brandon W wrote:you elites.
ekwatts
A series of tubes

Re: Vintage REVO Series ie: Alan Entwistle JUST CAN'T STOP

Post by ekwatts »

ALSO can I just say that, as much as I'm loving the current "mash up" culture that is a big deal right now, taking elements of very different models and slapping them all together, I'm not digging the fact that that trend has occurred in the midst of another trend, the one where companies are painting their guitars in earthy/autumnal colours instead of more traditional schemes like seafoam green, lovely yellowy sunbursts or a nice candy apple red or sonic blue. I had intended on not buying yet another black guitar, but when it's the only colour a model comes in that doesn't make me think of dead leaves and broken hearts, then that's what's going to happen.
DanHeron

Post by DanHeron »

ekwatts
A series of tubes

Post by ekwatts »

Ah, okay, they're "Astrosonics" which are baaaaasically Burns Tri-Sonics, I think. But since he had/has(?) a relationship with Burns (he designed and made their pickups, at least before Andertons bought them) he can't just hock regular-looking Tri-Sonics, I suppose because that would be naughty (he does do some that have actual pole-pieces in them, which normal Tri-Sonics don't have, they're usually a bar magnet with a metal cover that has stamped polepiece holes but nothing in them, so I guess this is how he's avoiding being sued by his former employers).
dots
BADmin (he/him)

Post by dots »

4-singles, otherwise known as 2 humbuckers? that you can split?
Hurb
Peanut the Kidnapper

Post by Hurb »

I really like the black 4 pickup one.

When are they out?
ekwatts
A series of tubes

Post by ekwatts »

Hurb wrote: Sat Oct 21, 2023 12:55 pm I really like the black 4 pickup one.

When are they out?
Not entirely sure, people seem to have review models already so.... soooooon?