I just bought one of the rarest vintage Fenders

For all non-guitar instruments; mandolins, synths, kazoos, and anything else musical that doesn't fit elsewhere.

Moderated By: mods

Nick
Y'SEE!?

I just bought one of the rarest vintage Fenders

Post by Nick »

Bought this on Friday, the day after I found the Hagstrom bass.😅 Bought it not turning on, as-is….a couple of fuses, a weekend, and a can of contact cleaner later, everything works on it more or less.

Rare thing, made in Italy in 1968. Not many are said to exist - there is no plate with a serial number or anything. It’s super sketchy but sounds good. Pale green case lid not shown but included, it’s missing the volume pedal and the little metal knee bar or whatever it is but I would guess they’re lost to time, the seller did not have them
FCA34CE9-39DF-456C-8EB0-3F968354B1E5.jpeg
FCA34CE9-39DF-456C-8EB0-3F968354B1E5.jpeg (341.96 KiB) Viewed 811 times
Gavin
I Beat BBC News

Re: I just bought one of the rarest vintage Fenders

Post by Gavin »

Well, it looks really cool anyway.
Bacchus
Whatever's handiest

Post by Bacchus »

Extremely cool.

How hard will it be to replace or bodge a volume pedal? I'm assuming that it's a fairly simple thing so something out there must work for it?
Nick
Y'SEE!?

Post by Nick »

Bacchus wrote: Mon Jun 27, 2022 8:24 am Extremely cool.

How hard will it be to replace or bodge a volume pedal? I'm assuming that it's a fairly simple thing so something out there must work for it?
You would think! Near the right of the pop-up music stand you can see a black cable coming out the back - that cable splits into a 1/4" audio plug, an AC wall plug, and what looks like a female MIDI jack for the volume pedal.

I haven't tried connecting my keystep to it or anything yet :lol: I think it'll be easier to just get a cheap passive volume pedal to run the 1/4" through.