Telecaster / Stratocaster recommendations (got one! Page 9)

Talk about all other types of guitars. Jazzmasters and basses go here!

Moderated By: mods

jagsonic

Post by jagsonic »

stumbled over a slick guitars sl50 some weeks ago. I didn't have high hopes but it feels and plays very good. It's a really nice tele! If you can try one out, just do this!

Freddy V-C
NOD FLANGERS

Post by Freddy V-C »

robroe wrote:You already sold it??? Hahahah fuck yeah!
Yeah dude! And I used the money to buy a pink Squier and pay for a bunch of stupid mods (horrible blue pearl pickguard, Bareknuckle pickup in the bride, FUCK A NECK PICKUP, control plate replaced with one volume knob, white button Klusons).

This is the only photo I have, apparently.
Hurb
Peanut the Kidnapper

Post by Hurb »

Totally understand The feelings of guilt surrounding buying new stuff just for you.
As someone who sold nearly everything in a pursuit of minimalism a few years ago...I just have regret now. Like it literally makes me fucking sad. This year I have grown my guitars by 3 and it feels good (once you get past the icky feeling) I have learned that minimalism only really works with stuff you don't care about(clothes etc) but guitar stuff is different. Your not going mad and can still totally be eco and treat yourself now and again. You do plenty for your family...so live a little for yourself.
Hurb
Peanut the Kidnapper

Post by Hurb »

Fuck a strat though
kingkiller
LET ME BE CLEAR

Post by kingkiller »

Hurb wrote:Fuck a strat though
Hurb wrote:I love Jizz
Al_ wrote:I prefer to squeeze balls.
Doog wrote: Sat Jan 15, 2022 1:50 pm(bussy?)
plopswagon
cutesy tag

Post by plopswagon »

kingkiller wrote:
That’s so 1967

► Show Spoiler
ekwatts wrote: Wed Dec 21, 2022 12:53 pm The word "moisty" has made me irrationally angry.
robroe
Bon Jovi Fan Club!!1

Post by robroe »

kingkiller wrote:
robroe
Bon Jovi Fan Club!!1

Post by robroe »

In the spring I can build you a loaded duo caster body and mail it over if you like? All you would need to do is put a neck on it. I got the blue one and the black one out in the shed chillin. I actually sold the all white one I made
Mike
I like EL34s

Post by Mike »

That’s very kind but I already have a Mustang so that’s not the itch I’m needing scratched to be honest x
Mike
I like EL34s

Post by Mike »

Hurb wrote:Totally understand The feelings of guilt surrounding buying new stuff just for you.
As someone who sold nearly everything in a pursuit of minimalism a few years ago...I just have regret now. Like it literally makes me fucking sad. This year I have grown my guitars by 3 and it feels good (once you get past the icky feeling) I have learned that minimalism only really works with stuff you don't care about(clothes etc) but guitar stuff is different. Your not going mad and can still totally be eco and treat yourself now and again. You do plenty for your family...so live a little for yourself.
You may be right but all I feel now is PAIN and DOUBT
Bacchus
Whatever's handiest

Post by Bacchus »

Have a word with yourself, be honest, and get yourself the nice thing you deserve.
dots
BADmin (he/him)

Post by dots »

strats are bad ass in the right hands, and if you've enjoyed teles, you at least are familiar with the scale. enjoy the exploration mike.
Bacchus
Whatever's handiest

Post by Bacchus »

Buy a second hand baja. Buy a second hand CV strat. Rationalise it by taking the excellent value from the strat and transfer it to the tele, like some sort of karmic carbon trading dealio.
robroe
Bon Jovi Fan Club!!1

Post by robroe »

Mike wrote:That’s very kind but I already have a Mustang so that’s not the itch I’m needing scratched to be honest x

No duo caster, not duo sonic. These are strats with a neck pickup and bridge pickup I put together
Last edited by robroe on Tue Mar 02, 2021 7:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.
plopswagon
cutesy tag

Post by plopswagon »

Bacchus wrote:Rationalise it by taking the excellent value from the strat and transfer it to the tele, like some sort of karmic carbon trading dealio.
or any scifi story where the baddy wants to live forever/steal powers from the hero
► Show Spoiler
ekwatts wrote: Wed Dec 21, 2022 12:53 pm The word "moisty" has made me irrationally angry.
robroe
Bon Jovi Fan Club!!1

Post by robroe »

dots wrote:strats are bad ass in the right hands, and if you've enjoyed teles, you at least are familiar with the scale. enjoy the exploration mike.
John Mayer innt
benecol
Best Poster 2010

Post by benecol »

Freddy V-C wrote:white button Klusons.
I too have white button Klusons on my tele (which is currently an Esquire, admittedly).

I remember when Bajas came out how ridiculously cheap they were; I missed the scramble for an early one, but got one a few years later. Liked it, but didn't love it (found the switching really annoying, shed finish). The pink tele came after one too many Baja price hikes; was my way of putting together all the (mainly Baja) stuff I liked, but in a better colour (with an even fatter neck, and white Klusons).

Nothing gives me more fraternal old-shortscale-fella-force-ghost moments with Fran than looking on at n00bs who haven't hipped to strats yet.
Freddy V-C
NOD FLANGERS

Post by Freddy V-C »

They actually do a pink baja now! But £795 is the cheapest I've seen one, and that's far too rich for my blood.
Bacchus
Whatever's handiest

Post by Bacchus »

benecol wrote:Nothing gives me more fraternal old-shortscale-fella-force-ghost moments with Fran than looking on at n00bs who haven't hipped to strats yet.
See, in the last few years I've come to agree with this. I've put it off for so many years, but after getting two decent strats a few years ago, I understand why strats.

I'm 33. I'm a 33 year old who likes strats and honda hatchbacks (not the sporty ones) and pyjamas.

I know I've arrived at the right conclusion, but I fear I might not have made the most of my journey there.
benecol
Best Poster 2010

Post by benecol »

Wait til you discover Fiats.