SQUIER 2021

The original shortscale guitars; Mustangs, Duo-Sonics, Musicmasters, Jaguars, Broncos, Jag-stang, Jagmaster, Super-Sonic, Cyclone, and Toronados.

Moderated By: mods

robroe
Bon Jovi Fan Club!!1

SQUIER 2021

Post by robroe »

2020 was a huge year for squier putting out 65 jags, toronado, super sonics, and My favorite the fiesta red caBROnita

what do you guys wanna see from squier in 2021.
dots wrote:incesticide
robroe
Bon Jovi Fan Club!!1

Post by robroe »

I want 3 things

1. Jarman in america

2. Something resembling Padmé. Duo sonic or music master with a proper toronado bridge on it instead of this strat bullshit.

3. 350 dollar Venus reissue. In new colors. If they could pull off the toronado, cyclone, and supersonic they could do it with the venus.

PARANORMAL SERIES II here we go
dots wrote:incesticide
Nick
Y'SEE!?

Post by Nick »

Baritone Jazzmaster. 27" neck like the paranormal tele. Keep the vibrato/roller bridge. I would buy this for sure.

Some more Jags and Jazzmasters in handsome color combos.

A XII of some sort. Could be a XII, Venus XII, Coronado XII, etc. I love my alternate reality XII but for how rarely I use it, if I could sell it and replace it with something half the price I might consider it.

Nitro finish. It sounds crazy but if it could somehow be done with a $100-$200 premium over the regular top end Squiers they would probably sell. They tried this on MIM Jazzmasters a while back, so maybe it's possible?
Noirie.
YOUTH

Post by Noirie. »

A Bronco would be cool. They'll probably make another Jarman in some other colours down the road.
theshadowofseattle wrote:less being WOKE
more being STOKED
gusman2x

Post by gusman2x »

Nothing but olympic white strats, with rosewood boards.
www.lowrisemusic.com

uugh, another Manchester alt/indie band
Noirie.
YOUTH

Post by Noirie. »

You'll get Pau Ferro and you'll like it.
more being STOKED
gusman2x

Post by gusman2x »

Noooooooooooooooooooo!!!!!
www.lowrisemusic.com

Fakir Mustache

Post by Fakir Mustache »

They won't do a Bronco. Well, if they do, it will have a crappy non-moving rectangular bridge. Or even worse, a strat tailpiece.

And no pau ferro, that's too upscale, like for Fender.
Last edited by Fakir Mustache on Sat Nov 14, 2020 6:38 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Hurb
Peanut the Kidnapper

Post by Hurb »

Nick wrote:Baritone Jazzmaster. 27" neck like the paranormal tele. Keep the vibrato/roller bridge. I would buy this for sure.

Some more Jags and Jazzmasters in handsome color combos.

A XII of some sort. Could be a XII, Venus XII, Coronado XII, etc. I love my alternate reality XII but for how rarely I use it, if I could sell it and replace it with something half the price I might consider it.

Nitro finish. It sounds crazy but if it could somehow be done with a $100-$200 premium over the regular top end Squiers they would probably sell. They tried this on MIM Jazzmasters a while back, so maybe it's possible?
All of this!

Particularly the xii
BearBoy

Post by BearBoy »

Don't need one myself, but I'm sure a XII of some sort would be a winner.

Personally, I want a baritone offset. They did do a couple of Jazzmaster ones a few years back but I don't like Antigua and the ALLBACK one wasn't ideal either, although I do subsequently sort of regret not picking one of those up. They also lacked trems, which I would ideally like. I know I could get another VI and put baritone strings on it (bit of a faff/cost to import the strings) or chuck a Sub-Sonic Strat neck on a CV Jazzmaster (would end up being quite pricey) but I'd rather something more "off the peg".

Unless there is some sort of intellectual property issue, a Jagstang must be coming along at some point, surely?
Fran wrote:I love how this place is basic as fuck.
ekwatts wrote:I'm just going to smash it in with a hammer and hope it works. Tone is all in the fingers anyway.
BearBoy

Post by BearBoy »

Noirie. wrote:You'll get Pau FerroIndian Laurel and you'll like it.
ekwatts wrote:I'm just going to smash it in with a hammer and hope it works. Tone is all in the fingers anyway.
Noirie.
YOUTH

Post by Noirie. »

Might buy another Bullet Mustang make it into a Musicmaster.

Probably can make the stock bridge less shit with better springs on the saddles. Did that to my Thinline recently and it worked great.
more being STOKED
Nick
Y'SEE!?

Post by Nick »

BearBoy wrote:
Personally, I want a baritone offset. They did do a couple of Jazzmaster ones a few years back

Unless there is some sort of intellectual property issue, a Jagstang must be coming along at some point, surely?
The necks were 30" scale like the bass VI, I would prefer a conversion 27" scale neck. However those 30" JM Baritones are crazy money now that they've been discontinued, so I could see Squier doing another run to correct the market.

Also came back to mention the Jag-Stang. I wonder if they would try new colors to differentiate them from the Fenders. Comp Blue SLTS Jag-Stang would be pretty cool.
Bacchus
Whatever's handiest

Post by Bacchus »

Seven string Showmaster.
BearBoy

Post by BearBoy »

Nick wrote:The necks were 30" scale like the bass VI, I would prefer a conversion 27" scale neck. However those 30" JM Baritones are crazy money now that they've been discontinued, so I could see Squier doing another run to correct the market.
I put a capo on my Bass VI this evening at the second fret, which makes it pretty much 27" scale, and I think it does make playing open chords etc easier than 30" scale. The other day I was noodling about on it with a capo at the fifth fret (making it A-A) and that was pretty good fun. Measured it this evening and that works out as 22.5" scale. Maybe they should do mad super short scale baritones instead :lol:
gusman2x

Post by gusman2x »

Actually...

I think I’d put my hand in my pocket for a swinger!
www.lowrisemusic.com

Doog
mid-century modem

Post by Doog »

gusman2x wrote:Actually...

I think I’d put my hand in my pocket for a swinger!
utter filth
sunshiner wrote: You don't understand my kindness, drown in shit
NickD

Post by NickD »

I’d love a Squier XII.
kingkiller
LET ME BE CLEAR

Post by kingkiller »

A Venus would be cool but I doubt they’d do it again, I want the all black Jazzmaster baritone, or even the Antigua one they did very briefly. And an Affinity Mustang, since they have the Bullet and the Classic Vibe one, or even just another Bullet one with single coils. And also bring back the Dimension bass, it was literally my favorite.
Hurb wrote:I love Jizz
Al_ wrote:I prefer to squeeze balls.
Doog wrote: Sat Jan 15, 2022 1:50 pm(bussy?)
sunshiner

Post by sunshiner »

I want them to do a 425 Rickenbacker and a 450 12 string Rickcenbacker in two colours - Mapleglo and Fireglo
matte30is wrote:Someone man up and get a balloon.