Talk to me about Telecasters

Talk about all other types of guitars. Jazzmasters and basses go here!

Moderated By: mods

Nick
Y'SEE!?

Post by Nick »

I thought of suggesting them, they're a natural evolution of the Fender designs and I've liked every one I've gotten to play (admittedly a small handful, but still)

G&L problems are more along the lines of resale value and brand identity/notable players. At least here in the states a G&L ASAT Tribute will show up on musiciansfriend's stupid deal of the day for like $280-$300 brand new, which is about what a used one might sell for (most shops would ask $400 for a used one, not really sure if they actually sell at that price).
Bacchus
Whatever's handiest

Post by Bacchus »

If only Fender already made a pink tele with the perfect pickups and you'd already posted about it in the third fucking post in this thread.
Freddy V-C
NOD FLANGERS

Post by Freddy V-C »

Bacchus wrote:If only Fender already made a pink tele with the perfect pickups and you'd already posted about it in the third fucking post in this thread.
I’m sorry Paul, I’ve no idea what you’re talking about.
NickS

Post by NickS »

Bacchus wrote:If only Fender already made a pink tele with the perfect pickups and you'd already posted about it in the third fucking post in this thread.
BillClay

Post by BillClay »

Honestly as cool as that guitar is, it sounds like you'd most enjoy the squier affinity version of it. Thinner body like an SG, wayyyy less weight, and if you sell your current tele you could spend as much as you wanted on a pickup upgrades if you felt it was warranted.
Noirie.
YOUTH

Post by Noirie. »

The new affinity teles are full thickness and string thru. As I said earlier still pretty light.
theshadowofseattle wrote:less being WOKE
more being STOKED