Squier Starcasters

Talk about all other types of guitars. Jazzmasters and basses go here!

Moderated By: mods

Golden-Stang

Post by Golden-Stang »

Man, an Affinity PJ Mustang bass would be killer but I don't think they'd do it because of the Squier Bronco
BearBoy

Post by BearBoy »

Did they discontinue the SS Jaguar PJ one then?
Fran wrote:I love how this place is basic as fuck.
ekwatts wrote:I'm just going to smash it in with a hammer and hope it works. Tone is all in the fingers anyway.
Golden-Stang

Post by Golden-Stang »

BearBoy wrote:Did they discontinue the SS Jaguar PJ one then?
I think so: on the official site, in the ''jaguar bass'' section, there are only the Player series and the Troy Sanders signature
ekwatts
A series of tubes

Post by ekwatts »

Wait, so there's an Affinity AND a proper Squier model for the Starcaster?

Do they have body binding? They look like they don't on some of those pics. Then again... kiiiinda don't care...?

The Coronado was the one I really wanted, but was always partial to the Starcaster because of the weird headstock.

Interesting!

Also, does the black Starcaster have like EMG-style pickups or something? Coz that's ace. Might actually get that.
Brandon W wrote:you elites.
BearBoy

Post by BearBoy »

Looks like the CV ones have binding?
Fran wrote:I love how this place is basic as fuck.
ekwatts wrote:I'm just going to smash it in with a hammer and hope it works. Tone is all in the fingers anyway.
ekwatts
A series of tubes

Post by ekwatts »

Okay, fuck. Really like the "proper" ones in sunburst and everything BUT I also really like the black "contemporary" model... er, shit. Been looking for another weirdy double-humbucker guitar recently.

Edit: Yeah, had a better look at closer pictures on gearnews.

So there are three flavours coming? The CV ones that are fully kitted out, the contemporary ones and then an Affinity range?

Fucking hell Squier. I was literally saying yesterday how it had been ages since they'd done anything I was remotely interested in.
kingkiller
LET ME BE CLEAR

Post by kingkiller »

ekwatts wrote:Okay, fuck. Really like the "proper" ones in sunburst and everything BUT I also really like the black "contemporary" model... er, shit. Been looking for another weirdy double-humbucker guitar recently.

Edit: Yeah, had a better look at closer pictures on gearnews.

So there are three flavours coming? The CV ones that are fully kitted out, the contemporary ones and then an Affinity range?

Fucking hell Squier. I was literally saying yesterday how it had been ages since they'd done anything I was remotely interested in.
That Contemporary in “surf pearl� or whatever different name they gave the green is my next guitar, period. So fuckin cool
Hurb wrote:I love Jizz
Al_ wrote:I prefer to squeeze balls.
Doog wrote: Sat Jan 15, 2022 1:50 pm(bussy?)
robroe
Bon Jovi Fan Club!!1

Post by robroe »

the "contemporary" ones have full access points on the back of the guitar for modding everything.

the others you gotta fuck around in F holes from the front. which i would smash the fuck out of the guitar after like 3 minutes trying to do that
ekwatts
A series of tubes

Post by ekwatts »

robroe wrote:the "contemporary" ones have full access points on the back of the guitar for modding everything.

the others you gotta fuck around in F holes from the front. which i would smash the fuck out of the guitar after like 3 minutes trying to do that
It's sort of easier and harder at the same time to totally gonn modd. You just need to prepare.

Tie string around the pots before unscrewing the nuts, with a counter on the other end, so you can pull the pot through the f-hole to work on, but still be able to pull it back through.

There's also a tool I bought years and years ago that makes tightening the jack socket up dead easy, I'll see if I can find a link because it's been so useful with my Epiphone Rivera.

Found it: http://www.thomann.de/gb/allparts_bull ... htener.htm

Obviously, that price is fucking hilarious for a piece of wobbly plastic (pretty sure mine was £5 in 2012), but if you own a hollowbody then it's kind of essential.
ekwatts
A series of tubes

Post by ekwatts »

Also, are Starcasters strat or Jag scale length?
Josh
The Curmudgeon

Post by Josh »

pretty sure they're standard 25 like the Strats and teles.
mkt3000

Post by mkt3000 »

ekwatts wrote:Also, are Starcasters strat or Jag scale length?
25.5" but 22 fret without an overhang (G&L style, not strat style)
10 PRINT "Bite Me!"
20 GOTO 10
paul_

Post by paul_ »

ekwatts wrote:
robroe wrote:the "contemporary" ones have full access points on the back of the guitar for modding everything.

It's sort of easier and harder at the same time to totally gonn modd. You just need to prepare.
At first I was like "go on" but then you got to that old chestnut about looping a spare guitar string around a pot casing with a middle-finger-mounted-rearview-mirror on and I just opened up a new tab and searched for "f-hole rewiring hentai" as I unizpped my fly, honestly. It's the sole, cynical process for which this timeline has equipped me.

I think it sucks that we have to do things through f-holes. I acknowledge the old "two camps" chestnut ("ehhh but Chet if you cut a backplate it'll uhfek't teh toan") but I don't want to extend that lenience to hollowbody guys because I'm a Gibson guy. I can't have a tilt-back one piece headstock because it's a bit fragile? Then you can't put a jeweler's headset on and fuck with pots through an f-hole, especially if it's a bolt-on CBS Fender design, fuck you.

In a world where even the Epiphone version of the Tom DoucheLong 333 sig had a backplate, this should not have been allowed to happen.
Aug wrote:which one of you bastards sent me an ebay question asking if you can get teh kurdtz with that 64 mustang? :x
robertOG wrote:fran & paul are some of the original gangstas of the JS days when you'd have to say "phuck"
SKC Willie
Bunk Ass Fuck

Post by SKC Willie »

robroe wrote:so is shortscale totally a dead forum now or what?
Yes
twitter.com/skcwillie

follow me . . . . you won't
mkt3000

Post by mkt3000 »

[youtube][/youtube]
10 PRINT "Bite Me!"
20 GOTO 10
mkt3000

Post by mkt3000 »

[youtube][/youtube]
10 PRINT "Bite Me!"