GASing very hard for a AS/AD toronado

The original shortscale guitars; Mustangs, Duo-Sonics, Musicmasters, Jaguars, Broncos, Jag-stang, Jagmaster, Super-Sonic, Cyclone, and Toronados.

Moderated By: mods

benecol
Best Poster 2010

Post by benecol »

My old Firebird smelled like bongwater for the first three months I had it.
BearBoy

Post by BearBoy »

Looks super clean Dots. DO AN DEMO.
Fran wrote:I love how this place is basic as fuck.
ekwatts wrote:I'm just going to smash it in with a hammer and hope it works. Tone is all in the fingers anyway.
sunshiner

Post by sunshiner »

#punkrawkmachine
matte30is wrote:Someone man up and get a balloon.
Thom
lamp

Post by Thom »

Looks awesome!
dots
BADmin (he/him)

Post by dots »

sunshiner wrote:#punkrawkmachine
this machine WILL destroy fascists
kingkiller
LET ME BE CLEAR

Post by kingkiller »

dots wrote:
sunshiner wrote:#punkrawkmachine
this machine WILL wrestle with Jimmy
Hurb wrote:I love Jizz
Al_ wrote:I prefer to squeeze balls.
Doog wrote: Sat Jan 15, 2022 1:50 pm(bussy?)
Fran
The Curmudgeon

Post by Fran »

Looks great dots. Never realised the grain was visible through the paint on these models.

Any idea what brand the soapbars are?
On the GT Toronado the pickups were Angry Duncans.
jcyphe

Post by jcyphe »

This guitar looks sweet. I always wonder where all these weird Fender models went. Are they under a bed somewhere? Did all the collectors grab them? Whenever I see somebody playing a Fender out it's usually something very standard. Guitars I use to see in person, in shops, and even on eBay have really dried up. Where the hell did they go?
paul_ wrote:When are homeland security gonna get on this "2-piece King Size Snickers" horseshit that showed up a couple years ago? I've started dropping one of them on the floor of my car every time.
Fran
The Curmudgeon

Post by Fran »

jcyphe wrote:This guitar looks sweet. I always wonder where all these weird Fender models went. Are they under a bed somewhere? Did all the collectors grab them? Whenever I see somebody playing a Fender out it's usually something very standard. Guitars I use to see in person, in shops, and even on eBay have really dried up. Where the hell did they go?
Like all the Performer models? I'd love one of those, possibly the most unique Fender ever made.
robroe
Bon Jovi Fan Club!!1

Post by robroe »

HOG has them all in Rochester. Just go there
dots wrote:incesticide
kingkiller
LET ME BE CLEAR

Post by kingkiller »

robroe wrote:HOG has them all in Rochester. Just move there
kingkiller
LET ME BE CLEAR

Post by kingkiller »

It looks great dots, always loved blonde w black pickguards
jcyphe

Post by jcyphe »

robroe wrote:HOG has them all in Rochester. Just go there
I been to HOG years ago, when I went to D-Day at Rochester. It's the greatest guitar shop I've ever been to. My homie who went to U of R was like "You want to go to that crazy place with the commercials?' I was like "wtf are you talking about, I want to go to the House of Guitars." He then told me about all their whacky commercials that come on TV. The next day we got really lost driving there through downtown and finally found it, it really is just a house on a normal looking street as you know. I wish there was a HOG in every major city but it's a family run joint, with a great philosophy to never clearance anything, just accumulate it until it becomes popular...

In NYC we used to have all these cool shops around 48th street and in the Village. Stores crammed with guitars and pedals. They don't really exist anymore.
paul_ wrote:When are homeland security gonna get on this "2-piece King Size Snickers" horseshit that showed up a couple years ago? I've started dropping one of them on the floor of my car every time.
Fran
The Curmudgeon

Post by Fran »

There used to be places like that here as well.
One shop was like the downstairs of a guy's house, the back room was floor to ceiling with old amplifiers, stuff like WEM, Carlsbro, HH, Selmer, Sound City...
The front guitars and pedals. I got a Shin-Ei fuzz from there before they became popular, he used it as a door stop to wedge the door open in summer.
It was the type of place that sold tape for WEM Copycats and there'd always be guitars like Westbury and Westone hung up on the walls.

Always open to a trade in as well.

I miss those places.
The only shops we seem to have now are the places that sell all the generic stuff and they aren't interested in trades unless it's something popular.
BearBoy

Post by BearBoy »

Fran wrote:
jcyphe wrote:This guitar looks sweet. I always wonder where all these weird Fender models went. Are they under a bed somewhere? Did all the collectors grab them? Whenever I see somebody playing a Fender out it's usually something very standard. Guitars I use to see in person, in shops, and even on eBay have really dried up. Where the hell did they go?
Like all the Performer models? I'd love one of those, possibly the most unique Fender ever made.
Yours for £3k: LANK
Fran wrote:I love how this place is basic as fuck.
ekwatts wrote:I'm just going to smash it in with a hammer and hope it works. Tone is all in the fingers anyway.
dots
BADmin (he/him)

Post by dots »

Fran wrote:
yeah, those are amazing and so very un-fender, i love it.

yeah, jcyphe, i have no idea what happened to all of these and other now-rare guitars went. it felt like supersonics, cyclones, and toronados were everywhere for about five or six years, and now you can't find them to save your life. i guess it's cyclical as back then the options for jags and mustangs weren't all that great if you could find them new. at least the vintage ones weren't stupid expensive back then either like they are now.
sunshiner

Post by sunshiner »

These new hardtail Mustangs and Duosonics will be sought after in a couple years as they are already discontinued as far as I know.
matte30is wrote:Someone man up and get a balloon.