Squier Mustang Bridge Options

The original shortscale guitars; Mustangs, Duo-Sonics, Musicmasters, Jaguars, Broncos, Jag-stang, Jagmaster, Super-Sonic, Cyclone, and Toronados.

Moderated By: mods

claytushaywood

Squier Mustang Bridge Options

Post by claytushaywood »

I have a squier vintage modified mustang that I've turned into a killer guitar- I replaced the tremolo springs with new much stiffer springs from allparts, replaced the nut with a tusq xl- replaced electronics. The tuners are fine with the new springs and nut. But i'd really like to upgrade the bridge- I was told the $20 mustang bridges everywhere online are not good quality (by a few people) and I should get the bridge from an american professional jazzmaster (cant find those anywhere right now) or a staytrem 9.5" bridge. Well staytrem looks great and not an absolutely terrible price- but now they only sell to the UK.

Anyone know where I can find a suitable bridge that will be an improvement over the stock VM squier mustang 9.5" radius bridge?

Thanks a bunch! and what are some good pickups for mustangs- I know theyre basically strat pickups but does anyone make any that arent exactly like strat pickups? something a little different?

Thanks!
robroe
Bon Jovi Fan Club!!1

Post by robroe »

I put Seymour Duncan SJag3 in mine and never looked back. Quarter Pounders
dots wrote:incesticide
Fakir Mustache

Post by Fakir Mustache »

On mine I used a 7.5" radius bridge, but replaced the low E string barrel with an A/B saddle from another 7.5" bridge.
NickD wrote: Fri Mar 25, 2022 11:44 pm
plopswagon wrote: Fri Mar 25, 2022 7:05 pm Fuck! My car runs on Tubes!
When you press the accelerator past halfway it doesn’t actually go any faster, but the engine noise distorts
Noirie.
YOUTH

Post by Noirie. »

I put a tom Nashville bridge on mine. A bit of work getting the shims right but it worked and played like a dream.
Fakir Mustache

Post by Fakir Mustache »

Another possible solution is to try a regular Jaguar/Jazzmaster bridge. People hate them on Jags/JMs because the strings slip out, but I had one on another Mustang and it was fine because the break angle is bigger on a Mustang.

Unless you play like a madman and break low E strings and bleed all over your guitar and need duct tape to keep your guitar together. Then it won't be any good.
NickD wrote: Fri Mar 25, 2022 11:44 pm
plopswagon wrote: Fri Mar 25, 2022 7:05 pm Fuck! My car runs on Tubes!
When you press the accelerator past halfway it doesn’t actually go any faster, but the engine noise distorts
robroe
Bon Jovi Fan Club!!1

Post by robroe »

It's too bad you just cant buy the bigger US mustang saddles so they dont buzz. Why hasnt fender done this yet? You would think they could sell 100s of bags of saddles.
dots wrote:incesticide