Guitar Overhaul/mods/shortscale

Painting? Routing? Set-up tips? Or just straight-up making a guitar from scratch? Post here, and post pics!

Moderated By: mods

nigel1

Guitar Overhaul/mods/shortscale

Post by nigel1 »

The idea here was to take a mini-strat and make it look like something else-- NOT a mini-strat. I liked the 22.7 inch scale but I did not like the body shape of the mini-strat. Process detailed in this blog post: http://lubbockunplugged.blogspot.com/20 ... rhaul.html

I'm satisfied with the results.
Noirie.
YOUTH

Post by Noirie. »

I like it. I like the necks on those mini strats too.

Cooterfinger on 'ere made a Duo Sonic project outta one.
nigel1

Duo Sonic

Post by nigel1 »

I really wanted to make it look more like a duo-sonic but I couldn't quite figure out how to cut the body. I need to get another one of these and give it a try-- a duo-sonic look would be ideal!
paul_

Post by paul_ »

Given the swimming pool route on the body, a custom guard could help you get further away from the strat image with different pickups/controls. It looks pretty cool though, nice work.
Aug wrote:which one of you bastards sent me an ebay question asking if you can get teh kurdtz with that 64 mustang? :x
robertOG wrote:fran & paul are some of the original gangstas of the JS days when you'd have to say "phuck"
Fakir Mustache

Post by Fakir Mustache »

It's pretty cool, I like your other idea too, looks like a Vox Spitfire.

Probably easier to make from scratch than mod a body if you use a hard tailpiece.
nigel1

You are quite right!

Post by nigel1 »

Not only could one convert a bullet strat into a VOX SPITFIRE look-alike, it would be easy to transform a mini-strat into a short-scale Spitfire! I thank you for your comment-- you've given me my next projects! I need to start combing the pawnshops again...