Mustang Headstocks?

Painting? Routing? Set-up tips? Or just straight-up making a guitar from scratch? Post here, and post pics!

Moderated By: mods

Shaguar

Mustang Headstocks?

Post by Shaguar »

I came across a file that has pretty much all the Fender headstock shapes in it with all the details of tuner placement and shit, but oddly enough the file doesnt have a Mustang headstock in it. Even after googling I can see the Mustang headstock is a different shape than that of the Jaguar, which is in the file.

Does anyone have a trace of the Mustang headstock? Or have a vintage Mustang neck they can trace? I'd like to compare it to the Jag one and use it as a template for future Mustang necks I may make.

No.
Fakir Mustache

Post by Fakir Mustache »

I have a 66 but I'm not going to take the tuners off and I doubt I can do an accurate tracing.

But there are several types of Mustang headstocks, the 1964 Mustang and Jaguar headstocks look different, here are some pics:
http://www.vintageandrare.com/product/Fender-Mustang-1964-Red-53304
the 1964 Jag headstocks look similar.

This site has a lot of info, notice that 65 on the right has the 64 style headstock, while those two 66s have a different style:
Web Page Name
NickD wrote: Fri Mar 25, 2022 11:44 pm
plopswagon wrote: Fri Mar 25, 2022 7:05 pm Fuck! My car runs on Tubes!
When you press the accelerator past halfway it doesn’t actually go any faster, but the engine noise distorts
Groovy Tunes

Post by Groovy Tunes »

I have a 1975 mustang, but the headstock is quite late than that. A mid 60s mustang is more in the ballpark of that design I think.