BobArsecake
a mannequin made by madmen

SIB! Echodrive

Post by BobArsecake »

Want. Can't afford. What will get me close? <£200

[youtube][/youtube]
George

Post by George »

I think the DOD Rubberneck (coming out some time in 2017!) has a lot of that functionality and some other cool stuff going for it. £209. I've got one pre-ordered.

As far as the quality of the delay sound itself, I have a Maxon AD900 which I found used for around £125, which I'd really recommend but it's a basic 3 knob job. But even things like the MXR Carbon Copy is a nice sounding analogue delay to have used under £100.
Noirie.
YOUTH

Post by Noirie. »

I just got a Carbon Copy secondhand for £90. Will post some sound clips.
theshadowofseattle wrote:less being WOKE
more being STOKED
Doog
mid-century modem

Post by Doog »

I still want one of the PLUS models, mainly due to the form factor though, and dat Slam button

[youtube][/youtube]
Fakir Mustache

Post by Fakir Mustache »

Doog wrote:I still want one of the PLUS models, mainly due to the form factor though, and dat Slam button

[youtube][/youtube]
I've wanted one of those for a long time, although I have mixed feelings about the slam. It's kind of cool it slams the feedback and makes the delay time very short, but it would have been cooler if you could vary the delay time for the slam with an extra pot, or at least have an extra switch so you can keep the delay time that's already set and just slam the feedback.
NickD wrote: Fri Mar 25, 2022 11:44 pm
plopswagon wrote: Fri Mar 25, 2022 7:05 pm Fuck! My car runs on Tubes!
When you press the accelerator past halfway it doesn’t actually go any faster, but the engine noise distorts
Corsair

Post by Corsair »

That Mr. Echo plus seems pretty neat with its slam button.

I had the pleasure and fun to play around with one of these for a month.
[youtube][/youtube]
This thing has a lot of capabilities, especially with an expression pedal and tab button. I would go into detail but the video pretty much explains everything.
I'd highly recommend this delay/reverb pedal to anyone. Tons of sonic landscapes to be made.
The swell mode was my favorite to mess with. If there was a pedal just with just that swell mode along with delay or reverb, I'd buy it in a heartbeat.

Although I did love it and created some songs specifically with this pedal, I choose not to keep it. Partially due to the fact, that it came with the 9v wires not soldered into the circuit and had to manually insert them in order for the pedal to work. Was a bit disappointed in EQD since they claim to handmake every pedal. But mostly because I already have 2 delay pedals and 2 reverb pedals. Boss-D3 and Boss DD-20 Giga delay; EQD Afterneath and Strymon Bluesky.

I've heard great things about the MXR carbon copy as well and that's way cheaper.
Also heard good things about this. Empress tape delay
Bertram Rose
Corsair

Post by Corsair »

[youtube][/youtube]
Here's a demo of me using the swell delay effect to give you a better idea of how it sounds. I really liked that weird like distant train noise sound it has to it. If you ever listened to Godspeed You! Black emperor, it sounds like something you might hear on their songs.
Besides the swell, the reverse is cool. Only downsides were you really needed an expression pedal to tinker with its expression knob which I did use but it felt too complicated. So many options and things affected one another.
I like haveing multiple abilities but there is a level where it just becomes overwhelming and I kinda felt that way with this pedal. I just wanted that swell effect and delay lol.
Bertram Rose