Your "setup of the day"

Pickups, pedals, amps, cabs, combos

Moderated By: mods

Brandon W

Post by Brandon W »

Went through a lot of pedals today looking for the main tone I want on "unglued" for the comp.. Ended up with the ones plugged in. Old rat, golden eagle, and I'll use the epitome for the electric mistress phaser on a rhythm track for depth

More shockingly.. Don't think I'm gonna use any fenders or Mesa. Liking this ATM.. Tube pignose and les Paul. Weird
cur wrote:I need it to be smaller or I get shitty messages from mezz telling me my junk's too big.
Chico Malo wrote:This thread just went down the toilet. Bye
iCEByTes wrote:Carrot´s and pussy party ((run))
Progrockabuse

Post by Progrockabuse »

Always had a soft spot for those bfg les pauls, best of both worlds
Fender Classic Player 60’s Stratocaster>East Coast T1 Tele>
Epiphone Les Paul SL>Ovation 12 String acoustic>Peavey Strat DIY Relic

Marshall Origin 20H>James’s old purple 2x10
Marshall MG10 Combo

1 time host of PROGFEST
Thomas

Post by Thomas »

How do you find the BFG? The opinion on them seems very split. The thought of alight weight LP with a humbucker and a P90 has always appealed to me. Also the fact they're so cheap is a big bonus.

The same one keeps coming up for sale locally, and I'm always tempted each time it comes up. I've never pulled the trigger tho as the varying reviews of these and the fact that this particular guitar has been through about 5 different owners makes me somewhat wary.
Brandon W

Post by Brandon W »

Thomas wrote:How do you find the BFG? The opinion on them seems very split. The thought of alight weight LP with a humbucker and a P90 has always appealed to me. Also the fact they're so cheap is a big bonus.

The same one keeps coming up for sale locally, and I'm always tempted each time it comes up. I've never pulled the trigger tho as the varying reviews of these and the fact that this particular guitar has been through about 5 different owners makes me somewhat wary.
It sounds great. Took me a while to get used to playing it because I like fender necks. It's just different. It functions perfectly and I've never had trouble with it at all in 5 years. Stays in tune, good straight neck, great pickups.

I looked on eBay and they are bringing a weird range of money. Not sure what the deal is. How much would the one locally be?

I think it looks very cool. The kill switch is handy. Not only to make morello tonezz but to kill the signal for numerous realistic reasons. I can turn the poly tune on and get the same function actually but before I had it, I used the kill switch. My jag has one also.
cur wrote:I need it to be smaller or I get shitty messages from mezz telling me my junk's too big.
Thomas

Post by Thomas »

The local one is a little over the standard preowned price here (they usually sell in the £400s), tho a trade could be an option with the current owner. They sell for around the same price as the tribute models. It's that neck P90 and weight that's appealing.

Secondhand prices crashed here after Thomann started blowing them out to clear their stock.
Brandon W

Post by Brandon W »

I love the way it sounds. Pickups are awesome. I guess that's what matters.
Thomas

Post by Thomas »

Plus they look like something from Mad Max, which I like :)
Brandon W

Post by Brandon W »

For my pretty penny cover its gonna be a complicated setup. I'm gonna run stereo with 2 amps (maybe 3, not sure if that's still stereo) and one guitar. I'm gonna try to use my acoustic/electric mostly and maybe my Sheraton. No bass and only hand drums. I'll get pics when I get to it. Sucks cause I have to tear down after each song and then track the bass parts and vocals for unglued first. I only have one cheap mic.. Blah etc.
Freethenoise

Post by Freethenoise »

This is the board I used for the other nights show.
I ran stereo for the first time in forever, with my EB Fullerton 2x10 and the venues Hot Rod Deluxe.
Sounded awesome.

Soundz for those interested:
[youtube][/youtube]
dots
BADmin (he/him)

Post by dots »

Quality!
henkstroem

Post by henkstroem »

When recording bass at home, this. Höfner chinese club bass + Marshall Bass12 + sm58 and modded headphone out to line out => Focusrite + thin picks.

finboy

Post by finboy »

tuxedo day

still organizing this mess
► Show Spoiler
dezb1
The Oppressor

Post by dezb1 »

Re-jigged my pedal board today - volume pedal on, removed a distortion and the Hof mini as it doesn't have enough on on the fly control (need a new reverb).
XY
Brandon W

Post by Brandon W »

dezb1 wrote:Re-jigged my pedal board today - volume pedal on, removed a distortion and the Hof mini as it doesn't have enough on on the fly control (need a new reverb).
I have had lots of delay pedals but the boss one on your board is the one i use.. I sing through it also
dezb1
The Oppressor

Post by dezb1 »

Aye, the DD3 is a great pedal... a boss classic.
XY
finboy

Post by finboy »

boundtokillusall jaguar into supermoon chrome into boomerang with side car into bronco, i needed some music while downloading game of thrones
singlepup

Post by singlepup »

Really trippy sounds with that Boomerang! I'm a fan of the Mr. Black reverb pedals as well.
finboy

Post by finboy »

I really want an eterna gold, but so spendy
Brandon W

Post by Brandon W »

got drunk.. made some rad sounds.. realized the next day that my tonez were made with these 3 on the bottom shelf right there.. check out the settings.. EVERYTHING DIMED haha

Freethenoise

Post by Freethenoise »

This thread will never die.

Had a show the other night. Half looped, half acoustic.

Sorry it's in multiple photos, figured this was better than a photo of the back of my car.

Used my new Lag Tremontane for the first time at a show. It sounded good, but I think I need to invest in a proper acoustic DI with an EQ on it.

Board is:
TC Polytune
EHX Micropog
Caroline Guitar Co. Haymaker
Strymon Timeline
Mr Black Supermoon (Chrome edition)
Strymon Blue Sky
Boomerang

All running into my EB Fullerton 2x10.