Jay Turser Mustang Copies

The original shortscale guitars; Mustangs, Duo-Sonics, Musicmasters, Jaguars, Broncos, Jag-stang, Jagmaster, Super-Sonic, Cyclone, and Toronados.

Moderated By: mods

nigel1

Jay Turser Mustang Copies

Post by nigel1 »

I bought one of the Jay Turser Mustang copies recently and ended up returning it. The guitar looked fine but could not be set up. It had hopeless tuning/intonation issues. I determined that the bridge would need to be relocated. So I actually removed the bridge and found a way to change its position without doing damage to the guitar. Even then, it could not be tuned. It seemed that the frets were not even correctly placed. I will not buy another Jay Turser guitar, period. Meanwhile, I've ordered a Squire VM Mustang in Sonic Blue. I don't understand how others have had good experiences with the mustang copies, unless quality control is really poor and I got one of the lemons.
Doug

Post by Doug »

You could have bought a used Fender reissue. If you are careful, buying exactly what you want used works really well. And saves lots of money.
Doug
Fakir Mustache

Post by Fakir Mustache »

Never played a Jay Turser Mustang, but the other models I played were o.k.
NickD wrote: Fri Mar 25, 2022 11:44 pm
plopswagon wrote: Fri Mar 25, 2022 7:05 pm Fuck! My car runs on Tubes!
When you press the accelerator past halfway it doesn’t actually go any faster, but the engine noise distorts
Thomas

Post by Thomas »

A Squier CV is a safe bet.
jcyphe

Post by jcyphe »

Yeah, Fender/Squier kind of dropped the hammer on all the Mustang/Jazzmasterish/Jaguarish copies floating around when they released their VM line.
paul_ wrote:When are homeland security gonna get on this "2-piece King Size Snickers" horseshit that showed up a couple years ago? I've started dropping one of them on the floor of my car every time.
vojtasTS29

Post by vojtasTS29 »

One of my Kurty friends plays that guitar and i thought it was absolutely amazing. The only turnoff from me buying one was the headstock. You probably got really unlucky. :/ :(
Jagtornado

Post by Jagtornado »

Doug wrote:You could have bought a used Fender reissue. If you are careful, buying exactly what you want used works really well. And saves lots of money.
What about bad vibes that may have inavaded the instrument ?
paul_

Post by paul_ »

Jagtornado wrote:
Doug wrote:You could have bought a used Fender reissue. If you are careful, buying exactly what you want used works really well. And saves lots of money.
Do an blacklight sweep
Aug wrote:which one of you bastards sent me an ebay question asking if you can get teh kurdtz with that 64 mustang? :x
robertOG wrote:fran & paul are some of the original gangstas of the JS days when you'd have to say "phuck"
71Smallbox

Post by 71Smallbox »

Jagtornado wrote:
Bad vibes would probably help add sustain.