Squier Classic Vibe 60's Strats

Talk about all other types of guitars. Jazzmasters and basses go here!

Moderated By: mods

johnnyseven

Squier Classic Vibe 60's Strats

Post by johnnyseven »

Sorry if i'm a bit late to the game on this, but i've just discovered these and i've got a bit of a boner for the colours. The 'burgundy mist' looks a bit purple, which in my book is a good thing.

But are the guitars any good?
Thomas

Post by Thomas »

I've played the LPB one and it was great.

I had a LPB maple neck 50's one up until last week and it was great. Fit and finish was up to snuff with much more expensive models. The pickups in it sounded spot on (tho I think they were alnico IIIs in that model).

They've started popping up second hand for a steal. I wouldn't think twice about recommending you get one.
George

Post by George »

i had a CV 60s which ended up in pieces to feed my bratomaster

i think they're fab guitars. pickups aren't quite as nice as the 50s in my personal opinion (thomas is correct, the 50s has A-3 and the 60s has slightly hotter A-5), but a solid meat and potatoes strat that has a fantastic build quality and finish.

these colours are ace. would happily own either of them and would likely be my go-to if i were after a rosewood strat.
johnnyseven

Post by johnnyseven »

Thanks. If I got one I think i'd change the pups anyway, i'm really liking the Seymour Duncan Quarter Pounder in the bridge of my US Standard. I'll keep my eye out for a used one, I think i'd prefer the Burgundy Mist but both look really nice.
BobArsecake
a mannequin made by madmen

Post by BobArsecake »

Burgundy Mist <3
Josh
The Curmudgeon

Post by Josh »

Hate those matching head stocks. D:
BearBoy

Post by BearBoy »

Can't make my mind up about matching headstocks on Strats. Like them on offsets but not sure about Strats. Nice colours though. Didn't they do a maple necked red one with a matching headstock recently?
Fran wrote:I love how this place is basic as fuck.
ekwatts wrote:I'm just going to smash it in with a hammer and hope it works. Tone is all in the fingers anyway.
Bacchus
Whatever's handiest

Post by Bacchus »

I've been after the 50s white one since they first came out but now want the green one.

Plus, they are stupid cheap on Thomann now because of the week yoyo.
johnnyseven

Post by johnnyseven »

The green looks ace too, i'd rather have a rosewood neck though - IMO maple necks are for Tele's. I'd rather not have a matching headstock but i'm willing to accept on a killer guitar for a great price.
benecol
Best Poster 2010

Post by benecol »

Bacchus wrote:Plus, they are stupid cheap on Thomann now because of the week yoyo.
BIZARREFACT: whether this was an intentional typo or not, it's made me laugh uproariously.
Bacchus
Whatever's handiest

Post by Bacchus »

I'd typed it as that's what we called the Euro as stoned teenagers growing up in a border town. After I'd typed it I realised that it wasn't a joke other people grew up with, but left it anyway.
stewart
Cunning Linguist

Post by stewart »

ah, i was nosing about on the fender site the other day and saw the burgundy one (not for me) and the sherwood green (maple fretboard and matching headstock, fuck offfff) but thought they'd discontinued the LPB. seriously a-hankering now.
Josh
The Curmudgeon

Post by Josh »

I've been really wanting a strat so bad. I had one set up perfect once but it's gone D:

My affinity one which was my first guitar had an awful neck. And that skinny body. Could put it together but it just doesn't sound as good.
Fran
The Curmudgeon

Post by Fran »

I like the matching headstock.
Remulak

Post by Remulak »

I wanted the lovely matching-headstock one. But I found the sunburst model for $150 set up by the best luthier in town and goddamn it's a nice guitar, my #1 at the moment.
johnnyseven

Post by johnnyseven »

Nice. I actually tried a burgundy mist one a while back, it looked more pink in the flesh than the purple it looked in the photos - I wasn't keen, but it sounded and played well. The LPB one though is lovely.
paul_

Post by paul_ »

I like the way they look but the colour of the paint and plastics are the only 2 things that make them worth owning over any other Squier version of the guitar model (and you'll pay quite a bit extra for the privilege).
Aug wrote:which one of you bastards sent me an ebay question asking if you can get teh kurdtz with that 64 mustang? :x
robertOG wrote:fran & paul are some of the original gangstas of the JS days when you'd have to say "phuck"
Thomas

Post by Thomas »

I recently picked up a Squier Strat for the missus as part of a trade. It's a nice colour (well she likes it). It's one of the limited colour runs. The colour is gold bronze, in person it just looks silver until you see it at an angle. The co,our doesn't pick up well in photos. It came with an ugly brown tort guard so I slapped the mint one on there.

ultratwin
The 25.5" subversion

Post by ultratwin »

Nice in mint!

That is a weird shade though, especially when considering your description of it! I guess GOLD BRONZE sounds worlds more cool and rock-n-roll than the mauve or taupe on my screen, which in my mind does seem to conversely conjure up thoughts of the elderly frumpy sort.
► Show Spoiler
Thomas

Post by Thomas »

Haahaha nice!! It just looks metallic silver in person.