Amplitube iRig now on Android

Pickups, pedals, amps, cabs, combos

Moderated By: mods

George

Amplitube iRig now on Android

Post by George »

Sorry if I'm late to the party but this is great news. Will make my switch to Android much easier.

http://www.ikmultimedia.com/products/irighda/
BearBoy

Post by BearBoy »

Funnily enough I just received an e-mail about this.

I bought the iPhone one a few years back but haven't used it in ages. The e-mail made me think I ought to try and locate it this evening and give it another go.
Fran wrote:I love how this place is basic as fuck.
ekwatts wrote:I'm just going to smash it in with a hammer and hope it works. Tone is all in the fingers anyway.
George

Post by George »

strings direct?

yeah the original amplitube was literally the reason i bought an iphone, and then didn't really use it. i did the classic "app crazy" first month or two then just used it for internet, emails, calls and facebook.
BearBoy

Post by BearBoy »

Ha. Yeah, the very same.

Seem to recall it being quite good but being something of a pain with headphones, guitar lead, iRig and phone getting tangled up. Probably user error though.
ekwatts wrote:I'm just going to smash it in with a hammer and hope it works. Tone is all in the fingers anyway.
BearBoy

Post by BearBoy »

Come to think of it, I think I bought the PC version of Amplitube as well at some point. Don't think I ever used it.
George

Post by George »

i've used guitarrig before on the pc which was great, but the fender mustang amp does all that stuff now, and sounds way better
BearBoy

Post by BearBoy »

Don't tell me that or I'll start looking to pick one up.

Does it do a good Fender Deluxe Reverb sound?
George

Post by George »

yeah definitely, but you have to fiddle around with cabinet settings and sag/bias to get proper workable sounds. the deluxe reverb cab sounds really boxy for some reason, but it's my go-to tone with a twin or 4x12 cab. it also works great with pedals, but some amp models absolutely do not.

will stick up some DI samples later this evening
BearBoy

Post by BearBoy »

Cheers George. Would be interested in hearing those.
George

Post by George »

I tried to get some simple setup through vocaroo but it sounded terrible then I ended up getting a bit drunk lol. I'll give this a proper go tomorrow.
robroe
Bon Jovi Fan Club!!1

Post by robroe »

i got amplitube with my fender mustang amp

used it like once i think.
BearBoy

Post by BearBoy »

George wrote:I tried to get some simple setup through vocaroo but it sounded terrible then I ended up getting a bit drunk lol. I'll give this a proper go tomorrow.
Haha. Don't worry George. I would be interested to hear some examples but I wouldn't want to put you out.
rps-10

Post by rps-10 »

I won one of the iRig UA devices in a web competition the other month. Glad I did as I would have been very disappointed if I had paid the ~£80 for it.
Mike wrote:All my LEDs are bright, the blues are bright as all hell.
mezzio13 wrote:JJ makes sweeps look easy and effortless. His nick name should be broom.