Pickups, pedals, amps, cabs, combos

Moderated By: mods

awfurby

New Boss delay - Boss DD-500

Post by awfurby »

This thing looks incredible - YT Link
Concretebadger

Post by Concretebadger »

That does actually look pretty darn good. Boss digidelays always have been, so that's a given I guess. I'm assuming it's a step up from the D-20 so I hope the delay time can be set in both ms and bpm (I *think* the DD-20 can do that, and I'm pretty sure TC Electronic's Nova Delay can). There'd need to be a few little details to make me personally buy one though:

One: what does the vintage digital mode do? A DD-2/3 or a PS-2?
Two: does the tape mode do what the RE-20 does?
Three: can you do that "tweak the rate knob for crash-landing UFO noises" thing on the tape and analogue modes?

If it can do all those things, I'd expect it to replace the several Boss delay boxes that are already on my board and save a bit of space. Which would be nice.
Gabriel

Post by Gabriel »

Looks like they're trying to get in the market of the Strymon Timeline, Eventide Timefactor, Pigtronix Echolution etc...

Has some cool features and I like the idea of such an extensive display, but I can't see it replacing my Strymon.

Its cheaper than those delays though which is nice.
dezb1
The Oppressor

Post by dezb1 »

Judging by the video they've put Echo and the bunnymen (first 40 seconds) and U2 in a box (everything thereafter)...
johnnyseven

Post by johnnyseven »

Concretebadger

Post by Concretebadger »

Nice. Looks like they've brought back the sadly-missed delay+reverb setting of the RV-3. I hope the spring mode is better than the RV-5's though (and if the modulate mode is the same, that's awesome).
71Smallbox

Post by 71Smallbox »

Concretebadger wrote:Looks like they've brought back the sadly-missed delay+reverb setting of the RV-3
I am not really blown away by that mode on my RV-3, I prefer my other delay pedals into the plate setting, sounds much better IMO. I also think the RV-3 sounds so much more sterile than the RV-2. Haven't tried the RV-5 though.
Freethenoise

Post by Freethenoise »

Hopefully the RV-6 will bring about a few more cheap RV-5s on Ebay.
I want one, but I can't justify the money on one when I'd just use the 'Modulate' mode.