New music room

Pickups, pedals, amps, cabs, combos

Moderated By: mods

NickD

Post by NickD »

Haha, yeah, I did have a lot of guitars for a while - you've actually seen this room before, and slept in it, when it had a bed.
Hurb
Peanut the Kidnapper

Post by Hurb »

Thought it was that room, wish I could have that musicmaster bass amp. Although the line 6 spider amp I have covers many bases...just looks ugly as fuck!
BearBoy

Post by BearBoy »

NickD wrote:1974x is the 1x12 version of mine I think. I use it with an attenuator at the moment, but I will hopefully be gigging with it. The Marshall Class 5 is a great amp - is yours the version with the low power switch?
Yeah, sure that's the one I was looking at. 18w / 1x12. Lovely amps but LOUD (for me, anyway). I only do home playing/recording these days so don't need anything loud enough to gig with.

I've got one of later Class 5s with the lower power mode. Looks like they've just reissued them but not with the "vintage" style aesthetics.

What's the Offset like?
Fran wrote:I love how this place is basic as fuck.
ekwatts wrote:I'm just going to smash it in with a hammer and hope it works. Tone is all in the fingers anyway.
NickD

Post by NickD »

BearBoy wrote:

What's the Offset like?
It's great - it's meant to sound like the early KT66 tubed Marshalls, but with a bit more gain, and it does that pretty well. Takes pedals well too, which I wasn't necessarily expecting.
Benmurray85

Post by Benmurray85 »

NickD wrote:Ben - The Les Paul Deluxe sounds like a Tele (really, it does) is that close enough. :lol:
It is absolutely stunning tbf. Gold top with p90's is ALWAYS a winner
How Terribly Rock N Roll
Mike wrote:That's like honk squared. too much fucking honk.
Progrockabuse

Post by Progrockabuse »

NickD wrote:
But yeah, Slashtonez. I've got the JCM800 on order...
Kept that one quiet ;)
Love the collection you amassed. I have played most of these on one of nicks trips to casa prog. The class 5 is amazing, everything you'd want an iconic les Paul to be. The deluxe is a so telecaster like it's scary. It prompted me to snag a deluxe recently. The offset is fucking loud. Think we dimed it at mine and nearly caused the apocalypse!!! Kinda both done the same Kinda thing, just different brands ;)
Fender Classic Player 60’s Stratocaster>East Coast T1 Tele>
Epiphone Les Paul SL>Ovation 12 String acoustic>Peavey Strat DIY Relic

Marshall Origin 20H>James’s old purple 2x10
Marshall MG10 Combo

1 time host of PROGFEST