Fender Limited Edition Shortboard Mustang

The original shortscale guitars; Mustangs, Duo-Sonics, Musicmasters, Jaguars, Broncos, Jag-stang, Jagmaster, Super-Sonic, Cyclone, and Toronados.

Moderated By: mods

Nick
Y'SEE!?

Post by Nick »

I like how Rickenbacker does it....no new models, just an different extra color choice or two each year.

Fender should have just done a comp orange mustang and mustang bass. That's it. End of Fender Namm 2015.
Ankhanu

Post by Ankhanu »

I don't mind the Longboard Strat so much, it doesn't look TOO bad... certainly better than the Mustang. Made me think of a neck-thru Vantage that a friend had in High School.
ekwatts wrote:That's American cinema, that is. Fucking sparkles.
Donate to Ankhanu Press
MattK

Post by MattK »

Golden_Sonic wrote:They're trying to copy the look of the vintage Aria Pro TS series:
No, clearly going for vintage surfboard style (hence the names longboard and shortboard):
visceral

Post by visceral »

I normally love natural finish guitars but this looks like someone bought an inexpensive Warmoth body and didn't bother to paint/finish. There are countless ideas that spring to mind but I digress, no point in fantasizing.
singlepup

Post by singlepup »

cur wrote: Image
But really they should just hire up G&L because Fender is just making a bad copy of G&L's good copy.
Funny, I've been admiring these for a while now. Guess someone at Fender was too.
sunshiner

Post by sunshiner »

^ Yes, SC2 and especially SC1 are some of the good looking guitars
matte30is wrote:Someone man up and get a balloon.
Rox

Post by Rox »

Nick wrote:I like how Rickenbacker does it....no new models, just an different extra color choice or two each year.

Fender should have just done a comp orange mustang and mustang bass. That's it. End of Fender Namm 2015.
Two words: Fender Japan. :o
Rox

Post by Rox »

Ankhanu wrote:I don't mind the Longboard Strat so much, it doesn't look TOO bad... certainly better than the Mustang. Made me think of a neck-thru Vantage that a friend had in High School.

After seeing some NAMM youtubes on the Longboard and Shortboard guitars I will have to recoupe. I thought these guitars by the looks of them had vinyl stripes. They don't. That's planks of walnut . That, gents is pretty awesome. I still dont care for the hardtail bridge on the Stang but the guitar up close is quite pretty.
Ankhanu

Post by Ankhanu »

I've come to kinda agree, actually. The hardtail and no out-of-phase would mean I wouldn't buy it, though. There's only one hardtail Mustang I like, that damn PawnShop Special in LPB. Still no phasing, but the coil splitting options are pretty nice... wouldn't be too hard to add a phase switch too, probably.
Donate to Ankhanu Press
71Smallbox

Post by 71Smallbox »

I just don't get it.
George

Post by George »

Please let this thread die
WayToHip

Post by WayToHip »

Fender failed the first time with the modern player jag. Making it a mustang is kicking a dead horse.
Rox

Post by Rox »

WayToHip wrote:Fender failed the first time with the modern player jag. Making it a mustang is kicking a dead horse.
I agree. But after they discontinued them I now kinda want one to throw gold foils into.. It could of been a good guitar but they then went corporate with it and fucked it all up.. Just like the Jaguarillo . The Jaguarillo prototype was cool.. THen they somehow made that thing... Sad. :(
Ankhanu

Post by Ankhanu »

I actually kinda want a Jaguar 90 in red. The other colours offend me wholly, though :P It would need a lot of work to make it better, though.
Donate to Ankhanu Press
YuriK

Post by YuriK »

Ankhanu wrote:I actually kinda want a Jaguar 90 in red. The other colours offend me wholly, though :P It would need a lot of work to make it better, though.
I have one. The neck is awesome and it sounds really nice overdriven. It is ugly as fuck though.
Beau In Space wrote:I hear this guy uses a capo.
Josh wrote:THATS WHAT HAPPENS WHEN YOU POUR WINE ON IT INSTEAD OF BEER.
euan wrote:stop trying to put guitar mojo arrows on yuri's dick
finboy

Post by finboy »

Andrewdoeshair from offset built this exact concept years ago

Nick
Y'SEE!?

Post by Nick »

FFS really?
cur

Post by cur »

the mustang 50th anniversary american shortboard mustang natural is sold out. let the regret and handwringing for not snatching one up right away begin.

NickS

Post by NickS »

cur wrote:the mustang 50th anniversary american shortboard mustang natural is sold out.
Damn.
Ankhanu

Post by Ankhanu »

finboy wrote:Andrewdoeshair from offset built this exact concept years ago
Fender should hire Andrew for a year and have the most kick ass NAMM showing ever (then continue to pay him to design for future years).
Donate to Ankhanu Press