'Road Worn' And now non-road worn 60's Jaguar MIM

The original shortscale guitars; Mustangs, Duo-Sonics, Musicmasters, Jaguars, Broncos, Jag-stang, Jagmaster, Super-Sonic, Cyclone, and Toronados.

Moderated By: mods

Dillon

Post by Dillon »

singlepickup24 wrote:I see where you guys are coming from, and I'll reserve judgement until I actually get a chance to play one of these bad boys. They do look cool, and stock AV pups is great news.

However, I'm definitely enjoying my Squier partscaster. With new pickups and a good set up, my VMJM feels great and sounds great. I think I have just over $500 into mine, so that's really a $400-500 difference. If I were ever to sell it, I'd make it stock again... The pups and StayTrem won't lose much value if I part them out.

Still, I do understand Paul's point about not finding a VM he liked. I have tried many in the store and was disappointed by the QC. I got really lucky with the one I found, and I am slightly hesitant to buy another. I wouldn't do it online.
I have one as well that I built for about the same amount, and I like it alright, but the more I play it the more I can't get on with the big frets. I'll be waiting for the day when they make a Jaguar neck with a 9.5" or 12" radius, but with medium frets, not medium jumbo, before I buy another one. Still, these are verrrry tempting even though I'm not a huge fan of 7.25" radius.
crumpler

Post by crumpler »

serfx wrote:
crumpler wrote:i ordered the 'non-road-worn' from sweetwater for $919 shipped.
i'll let ya know what i think when it gets here.

shows them both as the same price to me, and then a huge flag saying "WE DON'T SHIP TO CANADA, STUPID CANUCK!"
or something..

either way $919 shipped is killer.
wonder what the "deluxe gig bag" is going to look like.
shame it isn't a "generic hardshell case"
those usually last longer, and save guitars in shipping..
I got this one instead, comes with a hard case.
I got the sales person to knock it down to $919 from $999.

http://www.sweetwater.com/store/detail/Jag60RFR
Rox

Post by Rox »

ultratwin wrote:Cucumbers are 93% water. And 7% cucumber :idea:

Speaking of cucumbers that Jazzy can use a fucking mint pickguard.... :lol:

I do agree with you on the "broken in" part. It's what's nice about the RoadWorns. They already scratched the fuck out of it so you don't have to.. Less guilt for more play..
dots
BADmin (he/him)

Post by dots »

Yeah, but while it is significantly cheaper than the avri, paying a grand for a guitar someone did the "favor" of scratching for me seems odd. Love that they seem to have a lot of available colors tho.
crumpler

Post by crumpler »

dots wrote:Yeah, but while it is significantly cheaper than the avri, paying a grand for a guitar someone did the "favor" of scratching for me seems odd. Love that they seem to have a lot of available colors tho.

THIS ONE isn't roadworn tho.
BearBoy

Post by BearBoy »

stewart wrote:christ.

http://www.sweetwater.com/store/detail/JazzM60LSG

bet we don't get these in the uk.
Looks like they have finally made their way over the Atlantic (non-roadworn only so far):

Sea Foam Green Jazzmaster

Fiesta Red Jaguar

£802 each and in stock.
Fran wrote:I love how this place is basic as fuck.
ekwatts wrote:I'm just going to smash it in with a hammer and hope it works. Tone is all in the fingers anyway.
stewart
Cunning Linguist

Post by stewart »

oh shit. might have to start saving for the JM. it's perfect.
jcyphe

Post by jcyphe »

With patience you can still find AVRIs used for $900-1200 in The States. The price of these doesn't convince me. I haven't played one yet but it seems like a lot of scratch for a Mexican made guitar. Consistency would be more important to me than a Nitro finish which I care nothing about.
paul_ wrote:When are homeland security gonna get on this "2-piece King Size Snickers" horseshit that showed up a couple years ago? I've started dropping one of them on the floor of my car every time.
George

Post by George »

BearBoy wrote:
stewart wrote:christ.

http://www.sweetwater.com/store/detail/JazzM60LSG

bet we don't get these in the uk.
Looks like they have finally made their way over the Atlantic (non-roadworn only so far):

Sea Foam Green Jazzmaster

Fiesta Red Jaguar

£802 each and in stock.
funny (and sad) that for nigh on the same price as that decked out jazzy, gibson is offering this monstrosity...

http://www.andertons.co.uk/solid-body-e ... eburst.asp

if anyoen is going 2015 without a single fuck, it's gibson
stewart
Cunning Linguist

Post by stewart »

jcyphe wrote:With patience you can still find AVRIs used for $900-1200 in The States. The price of these doesn't convince me. I haven't played one yet but it seems like a lot of scratch for a Mexican made guitar. Consistency would be more important to me than a Nitro finish which I care nothing about.
i've seen a couple of AVRI JMs for sale over here in the past couple of months, and they were both around £1200 = $1800, which just isn't on. they used to sell for less than that new.
jcyphe

Post by jcyphe »

stewart wrote:
jcyphe wrote:With patience you can still find AVRIs used for $900-1200 in The States. The price of these doesn't convince me. I haven't played one yet but it seems like a lot of scratch for a Mexican made guitar. Consistency would be more important to me than a Nitro finish which I care nothing about.
i've seen a couple of AVRI JMs for sale over here in the past couple of months, and they were both around £1200 = $1800, which just isn't on. they used to sell for less than that new.
Yeah, I can't speak to the prices ya'll pay. They always seem inflated for no reason.

There's a sunburst AVRI Jazzmaster on eBay now starting bid $900, BIN $1199.
paul_ wrote:When are homeland security gonna get on this "2-piece King Size Snickers" horseshit that showed up a couple years ago? I've started dropping one of them on the floor of my car every time.
stewart
Cunning Linguist

Post by stewart »

sold for $1175. i'd kick a man to death for one that price.
jcyphe

Post by jcyphe »

stewart wrote:sold for $1175. i'd kick a man to death for one that price.
It was like a 45-60 minute drive from me, too.