ATTN: Rob - Did you see these?

Talk about all other types of guitars. Jazzmasters and basses go here!

Moderated By: mods

gusman2x

ATTN: Rob - Did you see these?

Post by gusman2x »

Don't remember a thread

robroe
Bon Jovi Fan Club!!1

Post by robroe »

nope
dots wrote:incesticide
Dillon

Post by Dillon »

"Malibu Cutaway Mustang Acoustic Series"

Now that's a mouthful. Love the look of it, but no idea how a stripe is enough to make an acoustic a Mustang :? (Maybe it's 24" scale...)
sunshiner

Post by sunshiner »

Someone back in the 60's wrote: Love the look of it, but no idea how a stripe is enough to make the electric guitar a Mustang?
Meant no offense, just came to my mind :D
matte30is wrote:Someone man up and get a balloon.
Fakir Mustache

Post by Fakir Mustache »

this one was short scale (prototype only): songwriter
NickD wrote: Fri Mar 25, 2022 11:44 pm
plopswagon wrote: Fri Mar 25, 2022 7:05 pm Fuck! My car runs on Tubes!
When you press the accelerator past halfway it doesn’t actually go any faster, but the engine noise distorts
Bacchus
Whatever's handiest

Post by Bacchus »

Looks awful.
Dillon

Post by Dillon »

sunshiner wrote:
Someone back in the 60's wrote: Love the look of it, but no idea how a stripe is enough to make the electric guitar a Mustang?
Meant no offense, just came to my mind :D
Hah, none taken, but I've gotta disagree. Back then I imagine they named the guitar after the Ford Mustang, for a reason---the colors (including stripes) look just like certain 60s Ford Mustang colors, and I'm guessing that someone at Fender was a Ford fan, since there was also a Bronco. But 50 years later, we've had a Fender Mustang for a long time. Which is nothing like this acoustic except for the stripe (and maybe the scale).
sunshiner

Post by sunshiner »

Dillon wrote:
► Show Spoiler
Hah, none taken, but I've gotta disagree. Back then I imagine they named the guitar after the Ford Mustang, for a reason---the colors (including stripes) look just like certain 60s Ford Mustang colors, and I'm guessing that someone at Fender was a Ford fan, since there was also a Bronco. But 50 years later, we've had a Fender Mustang for a long time. Which is nothing like this acoustic except for the stripe (and maybe the scale).
Have to agree. It is just an example of bad marketing that shows the greed of Fender. How much better could it be if they named their Mustang Special as Fastback? I remember someone told here that it was actually the name of the model at first. It could be an original model that people actually like.
matte30is wrote:Someone man up and get a balloon.
J0K1

Post by J0K1 »

Bacchus wrote:Looks awful.
+1