Where to get an EP done in Manchester?

Guitar techniques, music theory, recording and anything to do with actually playing your guitar

Moderated By: mods

gusman2x

Where to get an EP done in Manchester?

Post by gusman2x »

We're looking to get a 5 track EP done soon in Manchester, but I only really know of one producer through our practice room. Are there any people that fellow Manchester dwellers would recommend?

We'd like to get eh 5 tracks done in 2 days. Does this sound realistic? I've never recorded anything a studio, so don't really know what to expect.

Also, for all UKer's, what sort of price should we expect for a 5 track EP of decent quality?

We're a five piece REM and JAMC cross (in my head)
ekwatts
A series of tubes

Post by ekwatts »

My brother. I'll have a chat with him tomorrow and get back to you via PM if you like.

5 tracks in two days is realistic in terms of recording, but mastering is a different story. I'm not the expert, though, Jim is :wink:
Brandon W wrote:you elites.
Freddy V-C
NOD FLANGERS

Post by Freddy V-C »

Five songs in two days is definitely doable if you're willing to work fast. An old band of mine once got eight songs recorded in one day, but we used to work ridiculously fast. In more recent projects I've taken more time over things.

For a semi-decent studio you'll be looking to spend £25 per hour at the very least. That's if you're lucky enough to find somewhere 'budget' and actually half decent.

This place might be worth a look, I used to help out there occasionally as a teenager. Their rates are cheap and Alex, the in-house engineer, really knows his shit. Not in Manchester, but Bradford isn't far, so probably still worth consideration.
gusman2x

Post by gusman2x »

Thanks!

I'd be interested in some details about your brother Eric. A pm would be much appreciated.

What was the name of the studio in bradford freddy? Might struggle getting the 4 mancs into yorkshire mind. Not me though, i love it. In fact, i'm going to move to yorkshire.
Freddy V-C
NOD FLANGERS

Post by Freddy V-C »

Oops, sorry. The link was embedded in my previous post but I realise it wasn't particularly clear.

This is the place:

http://www.factorystreet.co.uk/
JordanD

Post by JordanD »

Take a look at 6DB studios too if you haven't found somewhere already.