trippy lyrics halp

Guitar techniques, music theory, recording and anything to do with actually playing your guitar

Moderated By: mods

YuriK

trippy lyrics halp

Post by YuriK »

I have trouble with lyrics and I'm trying to write something trippy. Any advice. I'm feeling kinda Beatles trippy, like I am the walrus and such.
Beau In Space wrote:I hear this guy uses a capo.
Josh wrote:THATS WHAT HAPPENS WHEN YOU POUR WINE ON IT INSTEAD OF BEER.
euan wrote:stop trying to put guitar mojo arrows on yuri's dick
mixtape

Post by mixtape »

Robert Pollard from Guided by Voices does it by mishearing stuff on TV. Keeping a notebook where you jot down clever phrases, lines, etc. that occur to you is also a good idea. As you accumulate enough of it, you can start going back and combining what groups together, rewording stuff to make it fit your vocal melody. Sometimes some experience will really get me and I'll scribble down a huge block of stream of consciousness bullshit on the back of a receipt or something and manage to lift the better part of a song just out of that.
Brandon W

Post by Brandon W »

You want trippy? Like morrison? I can help you..I also write books of things down..The right way to do this is to trip and write..I used to drop acid and go to my grandmothers house in the middle of the day when all the relatives that make me uncomfortable would be there..I'd try to pull it off and then i'd write what i thought they were saying. I'd intentionally never hear the beginning or end of the conversations, just the middle. But if you want to do it the way some of the rock stars did it then write a bunch of words and poems and then go back and take one line from each different thought or poem and put them all together. Once they're all on one page then change a few words to make them seem like they were a single poem/song..works every time.
cur wrote:I need it to be smaller or I get shitty messages from mezz telling me my junk's too big.
Chico Malo wrote:This thread just went down the toilet. Bye
iCEByTes wrote:Carrot´s and pussy party ((run))
George

Post by George »

stream of consciousness writing
cut random words or lines out and rearrange
translate lyrics into a foreign language on google, then translate back into english
drugs
BearBoy

Post by BearBoy »

Go back and read through all of Icey's posts ;)

And, yes, before anyone points it out his English is far far better than my Portuguese.
Fran wrote:I love how this place is basic as fuck.
ekwatts wrote:I'm just going to smash it in with a hammer and hope it works. Tone is all in the fingers anyway.
YuriK

Post by YuriK »

George wrote: drugs
I would, but I don't have the time required for psychedelics. I've been trying to make time but I got looots of work.
71Smallbox

Post by 71Smallbox »

Try absynthe. The real stuff basically makes you fucked up, but functional instead of falling over.
YuriK

Post by YuriK »

71Smallbox wrote:Try absynthe. The real stuff basically makes you fucked up, but functional instead of falling over.
I looked this up. sounds interesting, I can't do much while drunk, but how long do the psychoactive effects last?
71Smallbox

Post by 71Smallbox »

ykk211 wrote:
71Smallbox wrote:Try absynthe. The real stuff basically makes you fucked up, but functional instead of falling over.
I looked this up. sounds interesting, I can't do much while drunk, but how long do the psychoactive effects last?
I wouldn't necessarily call it psychoactive, more like a mild stimulant that makes it so you're cognitive and have better motor skills. It seems to last as long as your buzzed, but I haven't performed full scientific analysis, just a handful of drinking experiences when I visited Barcelona. The stuff you can buy legally here doesn't seem to work the same.
YuriK

Post by YuriK »

71Smallbox wrote:
ykk211 wrote:
I wouldn't necessarily call it psychoactive, more like a mild stimulant that makes it so you're cognitive and have better motor skills. It seems to last as long as your buzzed, but I haven't performed full scientific analysis, just a handful of drinking experiences when I visited Barcelona. The stuff you can buy legally here doesn't seem to work the same.
sounds interesting. I'll have to find some
71Smallbox

Post by 71Smallbox »

ykk211 wrote:sounds interesting. I'll have to find some
There are websites you can order it from europe online. Its a bit more than the what you'd pay for the stuff available here, but its worth it and its not much of a difference in price. I recommend the spanish stuff as it worked very well for me.
YuriK

Post by YuriK »

71Smallbox wrote:
ykk211 wrote:sounds interesting. I'll have to find some
There are websites you can order it from europe online. Its a bit more than the what you'd pay for the stuff available here, but its worth it and its not much of a difference in price. I recommend the spanish stuff as it worked very well for me.
I'll have to find someone to buy it for me cause you know. I'm a minor and stuff.
Beau

Post by Beau »

Go outside and describe do word vomit on the things you see.
Try to string adjectives.
71Smallbox

Post by 71Smallbox »

Beau In Space wrote:Go outside and vomit on the things you see.
Try.