Judging bands by their pedal boards

Pickups, pedals, amps, cabs, combos

Moderated By: mods

gusman2x

Post by gusman2x »

Concretebadger wrote:You Stateside folks need to start using the word 'wanker'. I can't believe such a good insult hasn't taken off over there yet.
It is a great swear/insult, but to be fair, I don't think we've fully utilised their gift of the word Cocksucker. A tremendous insult.
George

Post by George »

wanker, tosspot, mug and numpty are top tier blighty insults. they tend to sound a bit off when americans say them though, like "mate" or "bloody"
NickS

Post by NickS »

gusman2x wrote:the word Cocksucker. A tremendous insult.
I'm not with you on that. Isn't it just another way of saying gay, or bi, or anyhow not a REAL HETERO MAN (if applied to a man).
gusman2x

Post by gusman2x »

NickS wrote:
gusman2x wrote:the word Cocksucker. A tremendous insult.
I'm not with you on that. Isn't it just another way of saying gay, or bi, or anyhow not a REAL HETERO MAN (if applied to a man).
Yeah, fair enough Nick, I'll agree with that. I guess when I've used/heard it before, I've not immediately associated it with homosexuality, or bigotry.

Consider my vouchings for cocksucker out.
iCEByTes

Post by iCEByTes »

Man´s like Roy Buchanan and Angus Young are just old school

there was no guitar like Roy buchanan and Angus Young whitout any effect

hendrix can be famous , jimmy page too but they used effects on clean guitar there was no others.

Roy stuff are heart destroyer

[youtube][/youtube]
[youtube][/youtube]

Angus stuff are pure triller , when you discover thats no effect first thing you say is ... no way.

[youtube][/youtube]
Precise dwarf bravery
ekwatts
A series of tubes

Post by ekwatts »

iCEByTes wrote:pure triller
No filler.
Brandon W wrote:you elites.
paul_

Post by paul_ »

Concretebadger wrote:You Stateside folks need to start using the word 'wanker'. I can't believe such a good insult hasn't taken off over there yet.
Heard an American newswoman who clearly thought she was pretty hip say "aren't the Saudis wankers?" on the air once, so that's a no thanks from me.

Also RE what George said about it just sounding wrong when American use other English-speaking countrys' slang... Two of my friends ruined the word "bollocks" for me by using it while they were playing xbox/driving and stuff. It's just neither funny nor the best word for the job to me anymore, and even when I'm having an "oh BOLLOCKS" moment it doesn't come out anymore.
Aug wrote:which one of you bastards sent me an ebay question asking if you can get teh kurdtz with that 64 mustang? :x
robertOG wrote:fran & paul are some of the original gangstas of the JS days when you'd have to say "phuck"
Remulak

Post by Remulak »

'Faffer' is the hunk of Britspeak that's most useful by far.