I HAS AN BASS VI FINALLY!

Talk about all other types of guitars. Jazzmasters and basses go here!

Moderated By: mods

gusman2x

Post by gusman2x »

The bottom E was most definitely a 0.86. I measured it with a vernier.

I replaced just the E with bottom E from a fender medium scale light set. It's got the big ball end, so I guess could impact the upward movement of the trem, but to be fair, with strings of that gague, I don't think you can get much upward movement anyway, it's more for warbling.
jumbledupthinking

Post by jumbledupthinking »

So...la Bellas arrived and I fitted them yesterday morning (I got the round wound set with a 0.95 gauge E string). Happy to report that this worked a treat. A combo of better strings & the staytrem bridge has really kicked shit up a notch. Really playable instrument now!
Dave wrote:Image
aen
Turdscreamer

Post by aen »

THIS JUST IN.
An AV jaguar bridge works better on the Squier VI than the joke-ass, broke-ass, grub-screw-throwin' Squier VI bridge. I flipped it around in case I try to intonate it later on. BUT as I was expecting my LaBella strings today (which I DID NOT RECEIVE) I haven't gone after that brass ring yet.

ALSO- If you want to really fuck up your VI, throw a great big flatwound on the low string. It will sound like a rubber band hangin out on your sub-octave-guitar machine.

the 5 high strings go BLANG! GLUNG! PLATT! And the low one goes "bum."
High quality, low popularity Ecstatic Fury