Fender/Squier new year news?

Talk about all other types of guitars. Jazzmasters and basses go here!

Moderated By: mods

bluesngrunge

Post by bluesngrunge »

Fakir Mustache wrote:Anybody notice the Vaporizer turned out not to be vapourware?
definitely not the vaporizer I was looking for :wink:
SKC Willie wrote:And obviously, I was much more interested in the dildos.
((teabag))
Golden_Sonic

Post by Golden_Sonic »

othomas2 wrote:I've seen the list of new stuff, not sure it's the entire list of releases... but sadly it is a bor-fest and I'm not sure any of you will want any of it. SAD 2014.

I'm really disappointed to tell you the truth. Hoping there is a second email with more to come. Saving the best stuff till last perhaps.

Few cool things, but nothing to get excited about I'm afraid. I'm sworn to secrecy so can't divulge any of it... but you're probably better off not knowing anyways TBH. UNLESS OF COURSE YOU BUNG ME A TENNER VIA PAYPAL, AND I'LL FORWARD OVER THE EMAIL. :lol:
If I may ask, how do you know this?
-Guitar: Squier VM Mustang, Squier CV '50 Duo Sonic;
-Amplifier: Hughes&Kettner Blue Edition 60;
-FXs: Dunlop Cry Baby GCB-95 Wah, Boss BD-2 Blues Drive, Proco RAT, Danelectro Cool Cat Tremolo, EH Small Clone, MUZA FD900, Bespeco Volume pedal.
avj
A Select Individual

Post by avj »

Golden_Sonic wrote:
othomas2 wrote:I've seen the list of new stuff, not sure it's the entire list of releases... but sadly it is a bor-fest and I'm not sure any of you will want any of it. SAD 2014.

I'm really disappointed to tell you the truth. Hoping there is a second email with more to come. Saving the best stuff till last perhaps.

Few cool things, but nothing to get excited about I'm afraid. I'm sworn to secrecy so can't divulge any of it... but you're probably better off not knowing anyways TBH. UNLESS OF COURSE YOU BUNG ME A TENNER VIA PAYPAL, AND I'LL FORWARD OVER THE EMAIL. :lol:
Owen's an inside man, like.
brainfur

Post by brainfur »

i'd be happy with more colours of mexican telecaster
George wrote:in the future there must be only guitars or only computers
theshadowofseattle wrote:TYPICAL AMERICAN BAND LIKE JAY Z, AXE BODY SPRAY, AND THE VENTURES.
BearBoy

Post by BearBoy »

2014 is the 60th anniversary of the Strat. So probably loads of Strats. For a change.
Fran wrote:I love how this place is basic as fuck.
ekwatts wrote:I'm just going to smash it in with a hammer and hope it works. Tone is all in the fingers anyway.
brainfur

Post by brainfur »

BearBoy wrote:2014 is the 60th anniversary of the Strat. So probably loads of Strats. For a change.
noooooooooooooooooooooo
theshadowofseattle wrote:TYPICAL AMERICAN BAND LIKE JAY Z, AXE BODY SPRAY, AND THE VENTURES.
Awstin

Post by Awstin »

BearBoy wrote:...loads of Strats. For a change.
HA.
Congratulations! Your Punkacc9 evolved into Awstin.
BearBoy

Post by BearBoy »

There's some new stuff up on their website. Mainly CS and "Select" Strats and Teles. Nothing particularly interesting (to me, at least).

Oh, there's a pretty sonic blue Jazzmaster with matching headstock but it's CS so probably megabucks:

ekwatts wrote:I'm just going to smash it in with a hammer and hope it works. Tone is all in the fingers anyway.
BearBoy

Post by BearBoy »

There are some Strats with iOS connectivity too. Yay.
Golden_Sonic

Post by Golden_Sonic »

brainfur wrote:
BearBoy wrote:2014 is the 60th anniversary of the Strat. So probably loads of Strats. For a change.
noooooooooooooooooooooo
Another thousandbillionth version of the strat, oh pardon: the correct name is 60th annyversary strat!
-Guitar: Squier VM Mustang, Squier CV '50 Duo Sonic;
-Amplifier: Hughes&Kettner Blue Edition 60;
-FXs: Dunlop Cry Baby GCB-95 Wah, Boss BD-2 Blues Drive, Proco RAT, Danelectro Cool Cat Tremolo, EH Small Clone, MUZA FD900, Bespeco Volume pedal.
brainfur

Post by brainfur »

"I WANT A GUITAR THAT LOOKS AS UGLY AND GROSS AS MY SHITTY MULLET"
-Jim Root to Fender
("and it would be nice if it you could dumb down the instrument and remove anything that gives it a unique character and also could u make it not sound anything like a fender")
BearBoy

Post by BearBoy »

Haha. Was just about to post a picture of that but you summed it up far better than I was likely to.
Fran
The Curmudgeon

Post by Fran »

brainfur wrote:"I WANT A GUITAR THAT LOOKS AS UGLY AND GROSS AS MY SHITTY MULLET"
-Jim Root to Fender
:lol:
Awstin

Post by Awstin »

I kinda like it. Minus that squier looking head stock, black hardware, hardtail strat bridge, strat knob, Tele switch, and pickups. Ok. I don't like it.
Awstin

Post by Awstin »

Fender Jim Root "Poorly Modified Jazzmaster"
laterallateral
Traynor or Death

Post by laterallateral »

Last edited by laterallateral on Fri Sep 19, 2014 3:05 pm; edited 115,726 times in total
othomas2

Post by othomas2 »

avj wrote:
Golden_Sonic wrote:

Owen's an inside man, like.
I just work for a guitar shop, nothing too exciting.
vroaches

Post by vroaches »

BearBoy wrote:There's some new stuff up on their website. Mainly CS and "Select" Strats and Teles. Nothing particularly interesting (to me, at least).

Oh, there's a pretty sonic blue Jazzmaster with matching headstock but it's CS so probably megabucks:

This JM gmh 8)
jmmc

Post by jmmc »

you'll have a lot of strats for sure. and gold ones...

speedfish

Post by speedfish »

vroaches wrote:
BearBoy wrote:There's some new stuff up on their website. Mainly CS and "Select" Strats and Teles. Nothing particularly interesting (to me, at least).

This JM gmh 8)
She certainly is beautiful.
Disciple of Pain

"I'm like the monkey screwing the skunk. I haven't had enough, but I've about had all that I can stand!"

"Born to Lose. Live to Win." Lemmy Kilmister