New TC Electronic Hall of Fame Mini

Pickups, pedals, amps, cabs, combos

Moderated By: mods

BearBoy

New TC Electronic Hall of Fame Mini

Post by BearBoy »

Noticed this on the TC Electronic website today and didn't recall seeing anyone post about it.

Another mini pedal from TC Electronic. Looks like you edit the reverbs using their TonePrint editor and then you can beam them to the pedal using your phone.

LANK
Fran wrote:I love how this place is basic as fuck.
ekwatts wrote:I'm just going to smash it in with a hammer and hope it works. Tone is all in the fingers anyway.
Stuart

Post by Stuart »

Pretty slick. I'm putting together a little indoor pedal board so I don't have to keep pulling pedals of my main board/ bringing the big old thing into the living room. This might be a good option as my 'house amp' a vox AC4 is reverb and trem-less.

But on the other hand I want this board to be cheap and my memory toy does a perfectly serviceable slap back echo.
obscure pop culture reference
BearBoy

Post by BearBoy »

Yeah, looks like this is £95. You could get one of the Mooer reverbs for less if you wanted an all mini board. And they have actual knobs and stuff.

And if space wasn't an issue then you might as well spend the extra £20 and get the proper Hall of
ekwatts wrote:I'm just going to smash it in with a hammer and hope it works. Tone is all in the fingers anyway.
ekwatts
A series of tubes

Post by ekwatts »

BearBoy wrote:Hall of
That would be pretty spacious.
Brandon W wrote:you elites.
BearBoy

Post by BearBoy »

Fame.

Ha. Very long echo.
sp3k

Post by sp3k »

I hate this. It's just a stupid gimmick thing...
paul_

Post by paul_ »

TC can edit my dick into their mouths with the BonePrint editor on their phones.
Aug wrote:which one of you bastards sent me an ebay question asking if you can get teh kurdtz with that 64 mustang? :x
robertOG wrote:fran & paul are some of the original gangstas of the JS days when you'd have to say "phuck"
Stuart

Post by Stuart »

Recently clarified in my own mind dl4 vs, delaylab vs, flashback 4X... For my main board the Vox is way out in from and I'll grab it as a self Xmas treat if I don't over spend of gifts and food like most years.

Lots of people dig TC sounds but that tone print just smacks of 'you're never getting out of your bedroom just accept it'
stewart
Cunning Linguist

Post by stewart »

Yeah, saw this in a shop a couple of weeks back and went "ooh, that looks nice, wonder how much it.. Oh. Fuck that."
Simon

Post by Simon »

For the price you'd surely just buy the full size pedal?? Ridiculous.
Doog
mid-century modem

Post by Doog »

paul_ wrote:TC can edit my dick into their mouths with the BonePrint editor on their phones.
BUSLULz
robert(original)

Post by robert(original) »

there was something like this at the namm show a few years back, i wish i could remember the company. i want to say that it took an sd card or something like that, where you could download different "sounds" and then insert the card into the pedal and walla, it was a new pedal. i think they wanted like 300 bucks for it or something. it was a cool idea and im sure that some folks find it to be perfect, but for me. im still too much of a purist prick to do the digital tone print bullshit. its just like a new version of the multi effects thing in my mind. you know, 60 diff delays, and they all sound the same.
sholkham

Post by sholkham »

I like the simplicity of it; the marshall reverb I have now has 7 different modes and it just stays in the spring setting.
benecol
Best Poster 2010

Post by benecol »

Ah, y'see - I've got the Flashback x4, and I really rate the delays (even the ones I thought I wouldn't be arsed about, like the slapback). I think the concept of being able to download it from your computer or phone is a dead good idea (synth fellas have been downloading sounds from cassettes for years now), and the toneprint editing software is dead clever and useful.

So fuck y'all haterz.
Stuart

Post by Stuart »

benecol wrote:Ah, y'see - I've got the Flashback x4, and I really rate the delays (even the ones I thought I wouldn't be arsed about, like the slapback). I think the concept of being able to download it from your computer or phone is a dead good idea (synth fellas have been downloading sounds from cassettes for years now), and the toneprint editing software is dead clever and useful.

So fuck y'all haterz.

Urgh.. I'd pretty much decide the Vox DelayLab was the one of me. Worth going in a shop and actually listening to the two of them side by side??
benecol
Best Poster 2010

Post by benecol »

Definitely, yes.

The software in the Toneprint pedals is really good - TC have been at this for years. Also, being able to edit patches (Daedalus made a really good video of editing some of the reverbs and posted it here) just gets better and better. Some are saying that TC's endgame with this range will be to open up the software so you can drop delays into the reverb pedals and so on...