building a jm from separate parts would tht be too expensive

Painting? Routing? Set-up tips? Or just straight-up making a guitar from scratch? Post here, and post pics!

Moderated By: mods

fetusrobot

Post by fetusrobot »

i dont like the j mascis squier too much tbh (or any signature models while we're at it) and the black jazzmaster is literally the same jazzmaster i just mentioned like 200 $ cheaper + shipping et cetera. plus i think its in all honesty so ugly.
dont look at me
paul_

Post by paul_ »

fetusrobot wrote:im lucky if i find a squier for less than 1800 euros here!!
fetusrobot wrote:the only jazzmasterive ever seen in my LIFE here was a classic player 65 for like 1400€
paul_ wrote:Squier Mascis for 427
http://www.ebay.it/itm/231069333639

Fender Classic Player for 1281
http://www.ebay.it/itm/310721660321
fetusrobot wrote:if ur not gonna be constructive u can just leave lmfao
Aug wrote:which one of you bastards sent me an ebay question asking if you can get teh kurdtz with that 64 mustang? :x
robertOG wrote:fran & paul are some of the original gangstas of the JS days when you'd have to say "phuck"
fetusrobot

Post by fetusrobot »

sorry love i dont remember asking for cheap jazzmasters i recall asking the general cost range of building the thing myself lol :roll:
dont look at me
paul_

Post by paul_ »

You asked if building a JM would be "too expensive" and also said "im broke". This implies you want the cheapest route to a JM possible. Building one is not it. Faced with this assertion from various people you began inventing prices for the budget model while pointing to apparently the only JM you've ever seen IN YOUR LIFE which was a Fender that still cost less than that.

600-700 is a bare minimum estimate that will yield a guitar equal to/lesser than the Squier. I actually was trying to help when I posted eBay Italy auctions from central California, but you seem like a real twat so I won't make that mistake again. Enjoy your build, love.
Aug wrote:which one of you bastards sent me an ebay question asking if you can get teh kurdtz with that 64 mustang? :x
robertOG wrote:fran & paul are some of the original gangstas of the JS days when you'd have to say "phuck"
jumbledupthinking

Post by jumbledupthinking »

fetusrobot wrote:if ur not gonna be constructive u can just leave lmfao
OK, I'll be constructive for you..I have 2 points:
1). There's a key 2 to the right of the M key on your keyboard. It's called a "full stop". Please learn to use it. This stops anyone trying to get a handle on what you are on about getting a massive fucking migraine.
2). Learn to construct sentences before you try to construct a Jazzmaster.
Dave wrote:Image
ekwatts
A series of tubes

Post by ekwatts »

Brandon W wrote:you elites.
Chris Fleming

Post by Chris Fleming »

fetusrobot

sorry love i dont remember asking for cheap jazzmasters i recall asking the general cost range of building the thing myself lol Rolling Eyes
So you are you saying that you want an American Jazzmaster? If so then pretty much everyone has to pay a lot of bucks to get one, whether from parts or not. You're in Europe, so the prices are the same for you as they are for everyone else on this side of the world. Only way I can see you doing what you want to do without building from scratch or getting a Squier and upgrading is ebay and a shit ton of luck

Get this and upgrade

http://www.thomann.de/it/fender_sq_vintage_mod_jazzmaster_sbl.htm
taylornutt

Post by taylornutt »

Jazzmaster Body $200
Neck $200
Pickguard $50
Pickups $100
Pickup covers $15
Tuners $60
Mustang bridge with cups $35
Tremolo plate (American) $70
wiring harness $100
pickguard screws $12
neck plate and screws $10
pickup shielding $20

I took a look back at my parts list from my Jazzmaster project and put the list above. The prices may have changed a bit but it will give you an idea.

These prices are here in the US and does not include shipping. I know you want put together your own guitar but it would definitely be easier and less expensive to start with an existing Jazzmaster (Squier VM series or something) and just change out what you don't like.

But if you want to build a Jazzmaster then go for it. Just understand you might spend the same money in parts and shipping you might have spent on a working instrument.
J Mascis Jazzmaster | AVRI Jaguar | Tuxedo-stang |Fender Toronado GT |
Squier FSR Sparkle Jaguar | Squier CV Mustang |1971 Fender Bronco| Baja Telecaster |
Noisy Cat

Post by Noisy Cat »

jumbledupthinking wrote:Learn to construct sentences before you try to construct a Jazzmaster.
Fakir Mustache

Post by Fakir Mustache »

I've never seen a Mustang for sale where I live either, except for one vintage 1970s, at a good price too, but if I saw a Squier for sale I wouldn't expect it to cost as much.

Someone might try to sell it for that much, but they'd probably get ridiculed in this local forum I use if they sell it there.

Are there any Italian guitar forums? I bet there are, and I think you can find them using something called a search engine.

But anyways, you can get the Squire from Thomann, and probably other German dealers like Session Music (Musik Schmidt), Musik Produktiv, and you can also try UK dealers like DV247, GAK, or Anderton's. I believe they all ship to Italy.

You might be able to make one from parts for 600-700$, but you'll have to paint it yourself. I don't know where to get rhythm circuit stuff in Europe either, outside of ebay anyway. You know how to solder?
Dave
TOTALLY MODD

Post by Dave »

Hey I know a guy who can do blocks and binding if you want OP.
iCEByTes wrote:5 Most Jizz face maker Solo�s , classic Rock music i ever listened.
iCEByTes wrote:Blunt a joint , Take the Touch , Listen this.
NickS

Post by NickS »

Dave wrote:Hey I know a guy who can do blocks and binding if you want OP.
othomas2

Post by othomas2 »

BearBoy

Post by BearBoy »

ekwatts wrote:Image
Fran wrote:I love how this place is basic as fuck.
ekwatts wrote:I'm just going to smash it in with a hammer and hope it works. Tone is all in the fingers anyway.
robert(original)

Post by robert(original) »

he may have been a bit of a dumbass, but lets give the chap a bit of a biting chance.
you have a few diff options, and they have been listed out for you, take one of those, you'll be fine. or disregard our advice and pay for it in the end.
ekwatts
A series of tubes

Post by ekwatts »

BearBoy wrote:
ekwatts wrote:Image
Concretebadger

Post by Concretebadger »

A serious, constructive reply then: speaking from experience of putting together a CIJ mustang from parts bought online. Is it doable? Absolutely. Is it cost-effective? No. Adding up the cost of parts, tools, shipping and Arselfarce's ransom charges due to customs VAT I might as well have imported a complete guitar and swapped the pickups.

Still, building a guitar yourself like a true citizen of Manland feels GEWD.
luciguci

Post by luciguci »

seriously dude youre kinda being a whiny piss baby, listen to what these dudes have to say they know what theyre talking about, and theyre honestly trying to help. just look around on ebay a bit more and youll find that theres also an olympic white vm jazzmaster, a sonic blue vm jazzmaster, and a sunburst vm jazzmaster as well available for 195 euros each, not including shipping. i know youre kind of big on pride and shit but dude seriously like don't even try building a guitar you don't even know how to get the parts for, and dont ask for help if youre not going to accept any of it.

although its partially my bad, i shouldve warned you that they dont usually take kindly to noobs around here
Doog wrote:Tone is stored in the balls
theshadowofseattle wrote:That's why there's two: one for pee, one for tone.
🏳️‍⚧️🏳️‍🌈 (she/they)
ekwatts
A series of tubes

Post by ekwatts »

This has less to do with noobyness and more to do with this:

"Hi guys I've decided I'm going to do this thing and would like you reinforce it with some backpatting. Absolutely do not offer your own opinion as that is not what I posted on this public forum for. I just want some soothing, reassuring sentences that support the foregone conclusion I phrased as a question. IDK suck my butthoel lols"
luciguci

Post by luciguci »

ekwatts wrote:This has less to do with noobyness and more to do with this:

"Hi guys I've decided I'm going to do this thing and would like you reinforce it with some backpatting. Absolutely do not offer your own opinion as that is not what I posted on this public forum for. I just want some soothing, reassuring sentences that support the foregone conclusion I phrased as a question. IDK suck my butthoel lols"
well yeah this is the kinda nooby behavior i was referring to. from what i've seen, not many people have stayed for long if they acted like this because they would get butthurt overhow they're being treated like dicks, for acting like dicks. like what's-his-face recently, larry mal? god, he was a prick.
Doog wrote:Tone is stored in the balls
theshadowofseattle wrote:That's why there's two: one for pee, one for tone.
🏳️‍⚧️🏳️‍🌈 (she/they)