you can buy gibsons for £329 new now

Talk about all other types of guitars. Jazzmasters and basses go here!

Moderated By: mods

George

you can buy gibsons for £329 new now

Post by George »

http://www.gak.co.uk/en/gibson-explorer ... tAodlHsA7g
thats fucked up man

i wonder how shit it is

Width: 1.695" :lol:
James
Nutmeg

Post by James »

Every cheap Gibson I've played has been awful. Bad enough I'd still be disappointed in the quality if it had £150 on the price tag.
Shabba.
George

Post by George »

i've played a few of the faded series. didn't feel like anything approaching a quality gibson

but haven't even heard of this bottom wrung stuff. its crazy, but good for badge wranglers
NickS

Post by NickS »

All are crafted from select tonewoods and are built with traditional high-quality features such as a set-in neck, 24 3/4" scale length and 1 11/16" width at the nut. In short, nothing is spared in the effort to make these genuine Gibson guitars, but they come in a format that saves you a bundle. This great looking model is crafted in the image of a classic Gibson Explorer with a gorgeous nitrocellulose finish. In short, nothing is spared in the effort to make these genuine Gibson guitars, but they come in a format that saves you a bundle.
Wow.
Did I mention how nothing is spared in the effort to make these genuine Gibson guitars?
Anchored by a timeless and tuneful stud-mounted wraparound bridge at the body end and a set of efficient enclosed tuners at the headstock
My bullshit detector just went off.
westtexasred
Shortscale Cultural Minister

Post by westtexasred »

Verry interesting...but stupid.

Last edited by westtexasred on Thu Oct 10, 2013 1:21 am, edited 1 time in total.
brainfur

Re: you can buy gibsons for £329 new now

Post by brainfur »

George wrote:http://www.gak.co.uk/en/gibson-explorer ... tAodlHsA7g
thats fucked up man

i wonder how shit it is

Width: 1.695" :lol:
i played one that felt like a bad knock off
George wrote:in the future there must be only guitars or only computers
theshadowofseattle wrote:TYPICAL AMERICAN BAND LIKE JAY Z, AXE BODY SPRAY, AND THE VENTURES.
benecol
Best Poster 2010

Post by benecol »

George wrote:bottom wrung stuff
Ew.

That'll be "bottom rung", George.
George

Post by George »

sorry
ekwatts
A series of tubes

Post by ekwatts »

They're shite. Absolute shite.

It's disappointing they're still making these. The recent tribute models are fucking blinders, too. The 70s tribute with the Dirty Finger pickups and the fender amp knobs is probably the first Gibson I've really hankered after in a long, long, long time. If I could get things on credit then I would totally get it. Just over £700 for a fucking great guitar, which also has Gibson on the headstock.

Brandon W wrote:you elites.
Fakir Mustache

Post by Fakir Mustache »

Those Explorers are reduced body size. Not my cup of tea.
h8mtv

Post by h8mtv »

I have a Melody Maker LP very similar. MF had them for around $300 a year or so ago. It is badass.
finboy

Post by finboy »

ekwatts wrote:They're shite. Absolute shite.

It's disappointing they're still making these. The recent tribute models are fucking blinders, too. The 70s tribute with the Dirty Finger pickups and the fender amp knobs is probably the first Gibson I've really hankered after in a long, long, long time. If I could get things on credit then I would totally get it. Just over £700 for a fucking great guitar, which also has Gibson on the headstock.

Oooooo, I wonder how hard it would be to pinstripe bind the neck
Fran
The Curmudgeon

Post by Fran »

Poor form by Gibson in my opinion. I prefer their original 'we only make quality guitars that will serve you well for a lifetime' stance than them churning this substandard shite out.
tenderstems

Post by tenderstems »

I wonder if Gibson had an influx of new staff, and in order to train them they had them put these together.
ekwatts
A series of tubes

Post by ekwatts »

Fran wrote:Poor form by Gibson in my opinion. I prefer their original 'we only make quality guitars that will serve you well for a lifetime' stance than them churning this substandard shite out.
Agreed. The complaints about the ever-climbing prices weren't actually a request to them to turn out sub-standard pieces of shit for a laugh.

So.. £300 for a Fender Modern Player or £300 for one of these? Seriously? Fuck off, Gibson.

Leave all the tribute models for me while you're at it..
Brandon W wrote:you elites.
Fakir Mustache

Post by Fakir Mustache »

Modern Player is made in China though. Although I agree, they are cooler models and pretty well made.

Anyways, I kind of liked the bolt-on Gibsons of the 70s and 80s: Marauders, Invaders, Challengers, Sonexes and the rest. But people complained about the bolt-on neck before the internet, and people still complain about it on the internet.

Here's a Thai page of weird Gibsons of the past: guitarthai rare gibson page
George

Post by George »

classic vibes are chinese and better than mexican in my opinion. im pretty sure the modern player range are basically rebranded classic vibes with different hardware
sholkham

Post by sholkham »

I played one of the Modern Player Telecasters when I was trying out an amp, I didn't look at the price of it so I was suprised later when I found out it was a chinese model and so reasonably priced.