PRO TIP: Jaguar HH to Jaguar SS?

Painting? Routing? Set-up tips? Or just straight-up making a guitar from scratch? Post here, and post pics!

Moderated By: mods

othomas2

Post by othomas2 »

Looks nice with the strat pickup covers on that custom plate Fran... I always wondered !!
----

Nice mod too haze... I wonder whether a jag trem could possibly cover the thimbles of a stop tail ? Another thing I always wondered.
Fran
The Curmudgeon

Post by Fran »

I've still got that custom plate if anyones interested. Maybe i should hang on to it for when people start buying them Blacktop Jagaurs :lol:
astro

Post by astro »

Nice job! Now put a trem in it!
Haze

Post by Haze »

A trem plate would cover the holes if i made it close enough but it might even have to be closer to the bridge than the classic player jaguar's trem. OR i could put it in its proper place and do what gibson does:

put a plate across the existing holes that says "custom"
► Show Spoiler
Mages
súper crujiente

Post by Mages »

lel, gibson doesn't do that. people making custom guitars do that. gibson wouldn't drill the holes if they didn't want them there.
bob the r0bot

Post by bob the r0bot »

Haze wrote:A trem plate would cover the holes if i made it close enough but it might even have to be closer to the bridge than the classic player jaguar's trem. OR i could put it in its proper place and do what gibson does:

► Show Spoiler
fill them with mighty putty
Get rad with your dad
hotrodperlmutter
crescent fresh

Post by hotrodperlmutter »

Haze

Post by Haze »

LOVE THIS. All of my HEVVY METUL friends say that the HH jag is the only fender they'd buy, NOW I KNOW WHY
astro

Post by astro »

Haze wrote:A trem plate would cover the holes if i made it close enough but it might even have to be closer to the bridge than the classic player jaguar's trem. OR i could put it in its proper place and do what gibson does:

► Show Spoiler
You could put the trem wherever you like and just fill in and paint over the holes. Since it's black, finding paint that's a colour match won't be hard.

Or you could just put stickers. Or those plastic caps that Ikea gives you to cover the screws on their assemble-it-yourself furniture.
Remulak

Post by Remulak »

Gonna do this. Like the block with foam bit, I wasn't sure how to pull that off.
Fakir Mustache

Post by Fakir Mustache »

Haze wrote:LOVE THIS. All of my HEVVY METUL friends say that the HH jag is the only fender they'd buy, NOW I KNOW WHY
I bet the single coils are much better for black metal though, you need mostly eardrum-piercing highs for that style.

But they could also get this pedal:
[youtube][/youtube]