Adjust-O-Matic vs Mustang Standard Bridge

The original shortscale guitars; Mustangs, Duo-Sonics, Musicmasters, Jaguars, Broncos, Jag-stang, Jagmaster, Super-Sonic, Cyclone, and Toronados.

Moderated By: mods

George

Post by George »

sorry cur, posts are disappearing around me at the moment. i don't want to risk any more wigouts.
Cymbaline

Post by Cymbaline »

Here's the email I sent to Compton:
Hi there I have a Fender Mustang, the Kurt Cobain edition, it has an Adjust-O-Matic bridge that regardless of what I do with setup will not stop rattling and it is driving me nuts, and I found a testimonial online from a guy with the same exact guitar, who ordered an aluminum one from you:

http://www.thegearpage.net/board/showth ... ?t=1139495

My question is, how can the intonation be accurate with the Compton bridge?
As you can see from the pictures before and after, the G string's saddle is set back significantly on the stock bridge from what would be a straight in-line slant from E to E.
So I am concerned that the intonation would be inaccurate with the Compton Bridge.

The Cobain Mustang's stock bridge also has the wrong radius for the guitar. The bridge radius is 9.5" whereas the fretboard radius is of the guitar is 7.25"
Perhaps having a correct bridge radius would alter the placement of where each string needs to lie, thus maybe the placement would be different on the Compton Bridge?

Additionally, the Fender Mustang has a scale length of 24", which may require different angles than strat length or les paul length for example.

I want to make sure these issues are fixed, rather than fixing the rattling of the stock bridge, but potentially leading to improper intonation.

Here is the minimalistic kind of snotty reply I received back that addresses ZERO of my questions:

The bridge should work and it seems the person that made the post on the forum link you sent me is very happy with the way it performs for that guitar?
Wayne
BearBoy

Post by BearBoy »

You could try John at Staytrem? Not sure if they make anything that would slot into the Cobain Mustang but he's always been super helpful when I've had queries regarding their products. I think the site's temporarily down as he's on holiday but might still be worth dropping him a mail.
Fran wrote:I love how this place is basic as fuck.
ekwatts wrote:I'm just going to smash it in with a hammer and hope it works. Tone is all in the fingers anyway.
HenryS

Post by HenryS »

dab some rubber cement inbetween the saddles maybe?
2001 Epiphone Slasher
2003 Ibanez TM-71 Talman Artcore w/ GFS Mean 90's
2011 Squier VM Jaguar HH (sold)
1975 Alverez Acoustic
2012 Squier VM Mustang
1978 Fender Musicmaster
2012 Epiphone Firebird
Silenus

Post by Silenus »

Anybody knows if this bridge will fit (instead of the original Mustang bridge)
It's a TOM from Sung Il. The spacing are in the link below.

Somebody near me is selling one and it also suppose to fit on a Mascis Jazzmaster...
Possible problem is it has the small studs ?
(or can I just wrap them with tape as I did with the Mustang one ? )

http://www.sung-il.com/images/html/b051_19.jpg

Thanks to all : )