Strat Volume knob is reverse.

Painting? Routing? Set-up tips? Or just straight-up making a guitar from scratch? Post here, and post pics!

Moderated By: mods

matte30is
Gimme' head till I'm dead

Strat Volume knob is reverse.

Post by matte30is »

I wired up my strat with a jb humbucker, single volume single tone, and the volume pot works backwards. So basically its all volume or none. They are the U.S. strat volume/tone pots.

I followed this diagram to the T.

http://www.seymourduncan.com/support/wi ... 1vol_1tone

Any suggestion? I gutted the thing no switches or other pots.
iCEByTes wrote:V8 give me chills the sound of motor , the visual , oh man oh shit oh crap.
matte30is

Post by matte30is »

hmmm I think their diagram might be wrong. Im gonna reverse the 2 outer terminals and leave the middle one alone. They should indicate if your looking at it from the top or beneath it.
iCEByTes wrote:V8 give me chills the sound of motor , the visual , oh man oh shit oh crap.
HNB

Post by HNB »

This looks correct if you are looking at it from the bottom. (With the gob of solder showing.)
cur

Post by cur »

Have you tried pouring beer on it yet?

Chris Fleming

Post by Chris Fleming »

I've used Seymour Duncan diagrams on a strat before (I prefer the pictures to actual wiring diagrams being thick) and I'm pretty sure the pots are of the bottom view. The tabs indicate that I thought. It's only the pickup that's top down
matte30is

Post by matte30is »

Well i switched them and it works great now. So I dont know.
paul_

Post by paul_ »

Lefty pot?
Aug wrote:which one of you bastards sent me an ebay question asking if you can get teh kurdtz with that 64 mustang? :x
robertOG wrote:fran & paul are some of the original gangstas of the JS days when you'd have to say "phuck"