NAD : "BROKEN" LANEY TFX2 - VALVE HELP

Pickups, pedals, amps, cabs, combos

Moderated By: mods

wwrrss
COCKDESTROYER

NAD : "BROKEN" LANEY TFX2 - VALVE HELP

Post by wwrrss »

Got one of these for free cause it's "broken", when I had a go the clean channel works fine, as does all the built in effects, it's only the dirt channels that are a bit wonky.

Drive 1 channel just crackles and fizzes but no guitar signal

Drive 2 channel kinda works, it's just the volume drops and it's also pretty noisy.

It's worth mentioning all the pots being noisy anyway so those need a clean.

I found the manual with schematic on here (http://www.manual-girls.com/model.php?id=191) and noticed the clean channel doesn't go through the tube preamp, so is the tube probably dead?
Dave
TOTALLY MODD

Post by Dave »

Sean, can't help technically but I might end up with a spare tube as I purchased a rung sol 12ax7 for my amp. Will see if sounds better than the stock one. Dunno if it'll fit your Kanye but might do
iCEByTes wrote:5 Most Jizz face maker Solo�s , classic Rock music i ever listened.
iCEByTes wrote:Blunt a joint , Take the Touch , Listen this.
wwrrss
COCKDESTROYER

Post by wwrrss »

Dave wrote:Sean, can't help technically but I might end up with a spare tube as I purchased a rung sol 12ax7 for my amp. Will see if sounds better than the stock one. Dunno if it'll fit your Kanye but might do
Ooo, let me know!
Doog
mid-century modem

Post by Doog »

Given the difference between the two drive channels, it sounds more like something else, if I'm honest.

Can't hurt to borrow a new tube and get a can of cleaner spray to troubleshoot first, anyway.
wwrrss
COCKDESTROYER

Post by wwrrss »

Doog wrote:Given the difference between the two drive channels, it sounds more like something else, if I'm honest.

Can't hurt to borrow a new tube and get a can of cleaner spray to troubleshoot first, anyway.
I'll probably never touch the drive channels if they worked anyway so I'm in no massive rush. the clean channel is so much better than the shitty practice amp I have now though that even half-broken I'm still happy.