nice Mustang neck

Painting? Routing? Set-up tips? Or just straight-up making a guitar from scratch? Post here, and post pics!

Moderated By: mods

iCEByTes

nice Mustang neck

Post by iCEByTes »

http://www.ebay.com/itm/FENDER-MUSTANG- ... 589fd3c2c0

good price.

...... maybe i felling someone going overload bid it :lol:
Precise dwarf bravery
robert(original)

Post by robert(original) »

he has it listed as a 22.5 scale, but its clearly a 24' scale, you can tell by the headstock, b width and the fret markers.
iCEByTes

Post by iCEByTes »

yup think its a 24"

stills low price.
Precise dwarf bravery
robert(original)

Post by robert(original) »

is that a low price for a mustang neck? i thought they were closer to 150-200 top end. i didn't realize they had jumped in price so much, i remember watching a couple block and bound jaguar necks go for around 200 bucks about 7-8 years ago.
TexasSwede

Post by TexasSwede »

robert(original) wrote:is that a low price for a mustang neck? i thought they were closer to 150-200 top end. i didn't realize they had jumped in price so much, i remember watching a couple block and bound jaguar necks go for around 200 bucks about 7-8 years ago.
You are correct. Lots are "listed" for more, but search the "sold" listings. Keep your eyes open and you can find a quite serviceable neck for $150-200 US.
Member on ReRanch wrote:Virtually EVERY SINGLE PROJECT over at Offset starts with a man, a dream, and a turd brown Jag/Jazz/Mustang.
LizardKing

Post by LizardKing »

TexasSwede wrote:
robert(original) wrote:is that a low price for a mustang neck? i thought they were closer to 150-200 top end. i didn't realize they had jumped in price so much, i remember watching a couple block and bound jaguar necks go for around 200 bucks about 7-8 years ago.
You are correct. Lots are "listed" for more, but search the "sold" listings. Keep your eyes open and you can find a quite serviceable neck for $150-200 US.
This one has exactly ZERO bids so far....
iCEByTes

Post by iCEByTes »

maybe because its On-Sell was a 22"

people want 24". 22" too short :<
Precise dwarf bravery
TexasSwede

Post by TexasSwede »

iCEByTes wrote:maybe because its On-Sell was a 22"

people want 24". 22" too short :<
Just be patient, no one will grab that at 279. It would have to have original tuners or be REALLY clean. As I mentioned, I've bought 65-71 Mustang/Duo necks for $100-$200 (depending on if they had been sanded or stripped, needed fretjob, had tuners, etc).

If you are seriously looking for a neck, search daily for the 8 or 16 and B width neck codes (for early and later wider 24"). You might be right about this ebay listing, as people will read his description stating 22.5" scale and leave. But if the pictures of the heel are correct and belong with the neck for sale, then it is a 24" B width neck and you might have a shot at sending him a lower offer and getting it for less.

Also, I've bought necks by posting "want to buy" requests on guitar related forums. Amazing what people have sitting around and not using!
Member on ReRanch wrote:Virtually EVERY SINGLE PROJECT over at Offset starts with a man, a dream, and a turd brown Jag/Jazz/Mustang.
James
Nutmeg

Post by James »

robert(original) wrote:he has it listed as a 22.5 scale, but its clearly a 24' scale, you can tell by the headstock, b width and the fret markers.
The easiest way to reliably tell (other than the heel stamp) is the number of frets, quickest to spot by the presence of an inlay on the last fret. If it has a dot inlay (21 frets) it's 22.5", and if not (22 frets) it's 24". The headstock and nut width usually follow the 64 or later style = 24" and B width, but that could vary. The number of frets is always going to be 21 = 22.5" and 22 = 24".
Shabba.