Short Scale Telecaster?

The original shortscale guitars; Mustangs, Duo-Sonics, Musicmasters, Jaguars, Broncos, Jag-stang, Jagmaster, Super-Sonic, Cyclone, and Toronados.

Moderated By: mods

dren68

Short Scale Telecaster?

Post by dren68 »

Has anyone ever made a 24" scale Telecaster? I know there are 24.75" scale versions, but I was just wondering if it's ever been done and if it would be worth looking into.
Dave
TOTALLY MODD

Post by Dave »

I think GFS or Rondo do/did 24" versions,,,some with scaled down body and others just the neck.
iCEByTes wrote:5 Most Jizz face maker Solo�s , classic Rock music i ever listened.
iCEByTes wrote:Blunt a joint , Take the Touch , Listen this.
endsjustifymeans
Grown Up Punk

Post by endsjustifymeans »

yeah the 24" furian from rondo is the way to go.

http://www.rondomusic.com/furian342ts.html
dots wrote:society is crumbling because of asshoels like ends
brainfur wrote:I'm having difficulty reconciling my desire to smash the state & kill all white people with my desire for a new telecaster
dren68

Post by dren68 »

Cool, thanks! I always forget about Rondo guitars. I think I may have seen that a while back and forgot about it. They also have a shortscale sort of Swinger type guitar with P90s and Jaguar trem in case it hasn't been mentioned before. http://www.rondomusic.com/liquid34short.HTML
Fine Swine

Post by Fine Swine »

That tele is... intriguing... Anyone tried one? How do they sound?
SKC Willie
Bunk Ass Fuck

Post by SKC Willie »

I've never tried one of the shortscale models but I've tried their other stuff and their other guitars are ace. They need a few upgrades. If I was buying one, I'd plan to buy new pickups, pots, and a switch. Even a decent set of GFS pups will help out a lot. All of it is stuff you can do yourself with zero prior experience, so no need to pay a store to do any work.

The necks are chunky, the frets are big, and the neck is flat. So, if you like thin necks with a curved radius, it probably won't be your favorite neck and the heel isn't a standard size, so to put a new neck on them you have to use a giant shim.
twitter.com/skcwillie

follow me . . . . you won't
cur

Post by cur »

My shortscale strat from rondo took a jagmaster conversion neck perfectly. And I like the feel of the neck it came with, but it had a slight twist to it that I did not catch right away. None of this may be applicable to the tele model.

theshadowofseattle
THE TAMPA BAY HERO

Post by theshadowofseattle »

cur wrote:My shortscale strat from rondo took a jagmaster conversion neck perfectly.
The physics of that ought to be abominable. There's no way that intonated, is there?
Fakir Mustache wrote:Classic Shad Deluxe.
Nick wrote:Some of Shad's favorite Teles are black.
SKC Willie
Bunk Ass Fuck

Post by SKC Willie »

nah, both of those are conversion necks, so they're designed for a 25.5" scale.

either way, the necks don't measure the same, if you got it to work, it was because the neck pocket was cut incorrectly. SX necks/bodies should not work with Fender parts.
twitter.com/skcwillie

follow me . . . . you won't
frettedlefty

Post by frettedlefty »

SKC Willie wrote:I've never tried one of the shortscale models but I've tried their other stuff and their other guitars are ace. They need a few upgrades. If I was buying one, I'd plan to buy new pickups, pots, and a switch.
Pretty much what I was going to say. New pups and you're golden with this brand. But I'm not someone who gigs regularly.

To be honest I'd just opt for a fender though.
"Without music, life would be a mistake"
cur

Post by cur »

theshadowofseattle wrote:
cur wrote:My shortscale strat from rondo took a jagmaster conversion neck perfectly.
The physics of that ought to be abominable. There's no way that intonated, is there?
It was a 24" scale to start with. Their short scale strat is the same neck as a jagmaster oe cv duo sonic.
From my experience and from what I understand is these are not their regular bodies with the bridge moved. They, the shortscale models, are totally scaled down bodies and a whole different setup for the neck pocket. Honeyiscool had a cv duo sonic neck that fit his sst 57 short scale strat same as mine.

MMPicker

Post by MMPicker »

"•Width of the neck at the nut: 1 1/2" "

Not good, for me anyway.
Fine Swine

Post by Fine Swine »

Chunky neck, huh? Ouch...
endsjustifymeans
Grown Up Punk

Post by endsjustifymeans »

The neck is "chunky" but small, at least on my 24" strat from them. I actually quite like that neck.

I'd go for the 24" furian in a heartbeat if I didn't have 3 other projects waiting to be finished ahead of it.
dots wrote:society is crumbling because of asshoels like ends
brainfur wrote:I'm having difficulty reconciling my desire to smash the state & kill all white people with my desire for a new telecaster
duosonic

Post by duosonic »

I modded a tele down to 22.75. It still had enough tele twang in there. 24" scale would make a great tele as well. Go for it.
spellcaster

Post by spellcaster »

duosonic wrote:I modded a tele down to 22.75. It still had enough tele twang in there. 24" scale would make a great tele as well. Go for it.
I've built a 22.7" scale Tele, using a 65 Musicmaster neck, and it sounds like a Tele. This is it, along with my 25.5" scale bass.

I know just enough to be dangerous....
mixtape

Post by mixtape »

spellcaster wrote: I've built a 22.7" scale Tele, using a 65 Musicmaster neck, and it sounds like a Tele. This is it, along with my 25.5" scale bass.
► Show Spoiler

Those are both ridiculous and amazing. Bravo!
Cymbaline

Post by Cymbaline »

Holy shit, a shortscale telecaster clone for a mere $90?? Whats the catch?
cur

Post by cur »

Cymbaline wrote:Holy shit, a shortscale telecaster clone for a mere $90?? Whats the catch?
I have 3 rondo guitars, each needed some tweaking to make nice. They have a great return policy too so if you get one that has a problem they will send you a different one.

crumpler

Post by crumpler »

seriously considering ordering up one of thesa biatches...
http://www.rondomusic.com/product3371.html