Playing with a burned finger

Guitar techniques, music theory, recording and anything to do with actually playing your guitar

Moderated By: mods

mkt3000

Playing with a burned finger

Post by mkt3000 »

So, stupid me.

I was working with gasoline powered pressure washer on Saturday, and like an idiot, I rested my left hand against the engine to pull start it, and burned the tip of my left finger. It's a small second degree burn, right where my fingertip normally touches the string.

It blistered and I drained it with a syringe. But any pressure is seriously painful.

Until it heals, I'm thinking just play without my pinky, or are there any other suggestions that don't involve Jack Daniels and a bloody fretboard?
10 PRINT "Bite Me!"
20 GOTO 10
Gabriel

Post by Gabriel »

As long as the skin isn't broken surgical spirits is helpful. Although if it is broken you'll sure as hell know as it will sting like absolute mad when you put it on.
George

Post by George »

Wrap it in a padded waterproof plaster.
stewart
Cunning Linguist

Post by stewart »

cut it off, forge new fingertip from metal.
iCEByTes

Post by iCEByTes »

do a tip whit silicone
Precise dwarf bravery
paul_

Post by paul_ »

I recently did this to fingers 1-3 on my fretting hand after moving into an apartment with an electric-coil stovetop and having a lackadaisical conversation with my eggs one morning... I just used band-aids. It still hurt but not as bad as without them, and it was much better after a couple days anyway.
Aug wrote:which one of you bastards sent me an ebay question asking if you can get teh kurdtz with that 64 mustang? :x
robertOG wrote:fran & paul are some of the original gangstas of the JS days when you'd have to say "phuck"
Brandon W

Post by Brandon W »

stewart wrote:cut it off, forge new fingertip from metal.
I would then down tune also!

You may be on to something!!

I played with a broken finger and it hurt like fucking hell.
cur wrote:I need it to be smaller or I get shitty messages from mezz telling me my junk's too big.
Chico Malo wrote:This thread just went down the toilet. Bye
iCEByTes wrote:Carrot´s and pussy party ((run))