drum shit

For all non-guitar instruments; mandolins, synths, kazoos, and anything else musical that doesn't fit elsewhere.

Moderated By: mods

robroe
Bon Jovi Fan Club!!1

drum shit

Post by robroe »

check out the crap my guitar center has laying around that im going to pick up today for liam's drumset (if it sounds nice ill use it and give him mine)

http://www.guitarcenter.com/-i2600834.gc

http://www.guitarcenter.com/In-Store-Us ... 2592407.gc

i got him this for his birthday coming up in august.

fuck those tin cans they ship with the thing dudes.

laterallateral
Traynor or Death

Post by laterallateral »

I love the B8 20 inch rides. Like, a lot. I prefer it over some of my nicer rides, in certain situations.
I'm less impressed with the 18 inch I have, though It's sorta gongy with a weird decay... It neither crashes or rides very well but I'm betting it's going to be an improvement over those shit pie plates they bundle into starter kits, for sure. If you're looking to upgrade your own kit with a decent cymbal that won't cost you a ton of cash, look into Dream cymbals. I believe they are hand hammered in China, which is why they're cheap but Honestly... They're super nice.
robroe
Bon Jovi Fan Club!!1

Post by robroe »

i have B8 hi hats, a B8 16 inch crash and a 45 year old zildian 20" ride that belonged to my dad.

ive had the B8's since i was a little kid. they sound right to me. not good, but "right"

when i get on someone else's set and they have heavier hi hats (which is just about everyone have ever met) it doesn't sound right.
laterallateral
Traynor or Death

Post by laterallateral »

Yep, I have a set of B8 hats that sound really goddamn good to me. Mind you, they're the hats I started with, so I think I might be associating them to what sounds "right" to me, simply because I've been hearing them so much. When I decided I needed new hats, I spent ages looking for cymbals that sorta sounded like my B8s but had better projection. I ended up finding that in Zildjian A Rocks from the 70s. There's really not a lot out there in the contemporary models that sounds quite like that and I agree, when I play somebody elses' set, the hats are always a bit of stumbling block for me, too. The newer stuff is always either way too quiet or way too washy for me.