ShortScale Forum Index www.shortscale.org
Head 'n Neck Above

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
UploaderUploader   ShortScale WikiBuilder

national music supply

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Aug
Best Poster 2010

PostPosted: Sun Jan 21, 2007 8:06 pm    Post subject: national music supply Reply with quote

I just discovered this today, any of you have any experience with them? If so, how's the product? The prices are fucking insanely cheap.

http://store.nationalmusicsupply.com/Guitars/Guitar%20Parts/Necks
DGNR8

PostPosted: Mon Jan 22, 2007 2:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I might have to try a paddle neck to make my own headstock. Actually I think I will leave it as is, like a oar.

Where do you get pots and jacks?
Aug
Best Poster 2010

PostPosted: Mon Jan 22, 2007 2:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

DGNR8 wrote:

Where do you get pots and jacks?

me? personally? allparts.com
DGNR8

PostPosted: Mon Jan 22, 2007 2:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes, you, Aug. I would have PMed you, but maybe some other nimrod could use this info. I can't find shit on Allparts, BTW. That's not a good interface.

Is RobertO correct that 250s get .047 caps and 500s get .023?

Stewmac lists them as .020 and .050. Same? Do you use split or solid shafts? Is $5.95 a good price for each?

Who put together the schematics on the Wiki? It looks good but I am still trying to grasp the squiggly line vs. the zigzag. Do you tend to use black and white wires only? Do your caps look like flat matte Advil with two wires sticking out, or shiny orange cylinders? (Sprague Orange Drop)

After I get this once I will leave people alone!
Pens
less dickface

PostPosted: Mon Jan 22, 2007 3:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Those values are the "standards". You can use any value cap with any value pot, just going to have a different treble rolloff. The smaller the cap the less treble rolloff, basically. If a guitar is too bright you can up the value of the cap to bleed more off.

Those cap values at Stewmac are the same as what you listed. I use split shaft pots usually. Yow that is expensive for pots, but then again I normally order from futurelec which ships from China, takes 2-3 weeks, but the pots only cost me $0.75 each.

I have no idea. I have no idea. You can use any color wire you want. I have a vast assortment of caps, some people believe in their minds that orange drops have some magical mojo properties that allow them to defy the laws of electricity but from what I could hear it is all hype to overcharge you.

I'm running in monoscope right now. I can't read multiple dimensions of meta right now
robert(original)

PostPosted: Mon Jan 22, 2007 5:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i don;t know about those necks aug, i recently picked up a neck from mighty might off of jc's guitars. its a shop online, its super perty.
all making two way rod. a bit flamy but not too much, fretted and reading for tuners and a body for the amazing for of 89.99.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ShortScale Forum Index -> Musical Miscellany All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: