ShortScale Forum Index www.shortscale.org
Head 'n Neck Above

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
UploaderUploader   ShortScale WikiBuilder

looking for some amp advice...

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ShortScale Forum Index -> Effects, Amps & Gear, Pedal Building
View previous topic :: View next topic  
chrismakesgod

PostPosted: Thu Feb 02, 2017 3:34 pm    Post subject: looking for some amp advice... Reply with quote

So, recently my amp gave up completely. It's had a tough 13 years, but isn't really worth repairing as it's just an amp for at home.

What I'm looking for is a little solid state combo for around the 100 mark. I've heard great things about the Vox pathfinder, but never managed to get my hands on one to try. I'll have to buy online as I won't have time to make the trip to Glasgow to mess around with a few.

What can you recommend? It doesn't have to have any bells and whistles at all, as long as it has a volume and an input.
George

PostPosted: Thu Feb 02, 2017 5:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

LOTS of bells and whistles and digital modelling, not solid state, but the Fender Mustang amps have awesome sounds. Not great with drive pedals on account of the digitaliness, though.
sunshiner

PostPosted: Thu Feb 02, 2017 6:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Fender Frontman 10g or 15g solid state amps. Nothing special but are very well built small amps for the money. Also check Peavey Bandits. They are good solid state amps and take pedals well, modeling amps usually don't
chrismakesgod

PostPosted: Thu Feb 02, 2017 6:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ideally, I'd like something that can take pedals incase I bring my board home from practice. What are folks experiences with orange crush amps?
Bacchus
Whatever's handiest

PostPosted: Thu Feb 02, 2017 6:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Fender Mustangs our school bought have been awful. They've all broken within a year and a half or so (granted, they have a very hard life).

The Roland Cubes that were bought years ago are still going strong. I think the Cube is the best at this. Particularly if you look second hand.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ShortScale Forum Index -> Effects, Amps & Gear, Pedal Building All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: