ShortScale Forum Index www.shortscale.org
Head 'n Neck Above

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
UploaderUploader   ShortScale WikiBuilder

The Squire VM Mustang arrived...

View previous topic :: View next topic  
nigel1

PostPosted: Fri Nov 20, 2015 1:04 am    Post subject: The Squire VM Mustang arrived... Reply with quote

... and it is quite nice. Good finish, good workmanship. I like the sound of it. Very versatile. I had to correct three problems, however: the high E string was put on sloppily, and part of it was actually caught under a tailpiece post! I had to slacken all of the strings and then use a large flathead screwdriver to pry up the tailpiece until I could free the string, and, I had to adjust the string saddles on the first and third strings to correct intonation problems-- it didn't take a lot of adjustment-- and, the neck had insufficient tension on the truss rod. All these things were easy to correct. I lowered the action to make it comfortable for me, and now I'm quite happy with this guitar. the sonic blue finish is very light. I had a sonic blue strat once and it seems that sonic blue was a bit darker, but I'm not going to quibble about a slight difference in tint. This guitar is vastly superior in every respect to the Jay Turser copy I bought, and returned. For one thing, this guitar can actually be tuned!
jcyphe

PostPosted: Fri Nov 20, 2015 2:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nice.
dots
BADmin

PostPosted: Fri Nov 20, 2015 5:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Right on, man! Put up some pics soon! =]

jcyphe wrote:
But the people need that wiggle stick.
nigel1

PostPosted: Mon Dec 07, 2015 3:47 pm    Post subject: Pics of the mustang and epiphone Reply with quote

I finally got around to posting pics of the squire VM mustang and epiphone-- they are at the bottom of the blog page.
http://lubbockunplugged.blogspot.com/
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ShortScale Forum Index -> Short Scales All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: